I kid you not.
My niece & nephew
My kids had never been to a parade.
They were not disappointed.
The highlight of the experience, for my boys, was the Poopapalooza by the horse community.
Although Bruiser did mention at one point, while pinching his nose, that he did not "wike dat fell." Seriously, I'm gonna hate it when that kid can talk normally.
There's a good shot of what those who had come before had left behind.
Doh Doh, my true animal lover, was completely mesmerized. She pointed and stared at every horse and rider that pranced by. One very beautiful rider -- who looked more like she belonged in InStyle magazine that on a horse in a rodeo parade -- kept waving at Doh Doh and grinning.
Doh Doh only had eyes for the horsey.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the parade we went to the National Cemetery. We wanted to show the boys and try to get them to understand the history of it...but most importantly that freedom is not free.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Afterwards we had lunch and a trip to Academy. Then the fellas and I came home, loaded up our bikes, and met my parents for a ride.
All while Dad stayed home and tried to get Doh Doh to take a nap. He succeeded....but only by putting her in bed. With him. Which, of course, forced him to take a nap as well. *wink*
Our bike ride was AWESOME. I was so proud of my boys. Bruiser has only been riding without training wheels about a month. We had already had a really long day. But they made it even further than we had planned!!!
Bruiser doesn't like hills, so he had to stop a few times and walk his bike. And a few times just from being tired. But he kept on!
We had planned on taking about half the trail. But once we got to the halfway mark we asked Bruiser if he wanted to go on or go back. He assured us he was ready to go on.
So Nana and Bubba took off down a steep hill. And Bruiser turned around to go back the way we came. My Dad and I started laughing and asked why he was going that way. I told him that he had told us he wanted to go on.
"Yeah," he said. "I want to go on back!"
Seriously, if I hadn't been so far from dry pants, I think I would've wet myself.
But he persevered. And the steep hill down was the highlight of the ride.
We made it to the park, took a wrong path and had to turn around, then had to take another road to the actual playground area. It was a long bike ride, but Granddad volunteered to go get the truck and come back and pick us up.
I'm pretty sure Bruiser is eternally grateful. Although I'm not sure his 4-year old little mind was processing the fact that all those glorious hills we coasted down meant uphill work the way back.
They made it. They did great. And they did it all without complaining or arguing. I was one seriously proud Momma.
And that's why we took this picture. Even though I rarely include myself in pictures. And when I do I don't normally like to share, BUT it was such a great day for us that I'll share it anyway.
Frizzy hair and all.
How much do you love Bruiser's face? We never get a normal picture.
But I wouldn't want one.
We celebrated with a trip to Braum's. Great way to put back on all the calories we had just burned off.








No comments:
Post a Comment