Tuesday, June 28, 2011

tremendously terrific tuesday

Yesterday's post was a downer.  Total downer.  My apologies.

It was just something I needed to get off my chest.  I needed to vent.  So that's that.

And moving on..............

Sunday I thought I had a stomach virus.  I really think it was my acid reflux acting up.  After some birthday over-indulgence -- and specifically some movie theatre popcorn....have mercy -- I was feeling horrible.

I'm a wimp.  I know it.

But as an overall healthy eater, I don't do a lot of junk.  Two days of junk and I was BFFs with the porcelain throne.  Wha?  TMI?!?!?!

I spent Sunday here.
a rarity, I assure you
{just posting that pic makes me wanna dive right in.....ahhhhhh}

I didn't really quite know what to do with myself.  {I don't sit still very well.  Big shocker, I know.)

Ok, maybe I did know what to do with myself.  *grin*

But then my bed was invaded....by 3 seriously cute kiddos ready to curl up and share the tube.  So we watched The Parent Trap.  Both old and new.

And b/c my kids don't sit still very well either, they built this while coming in and out to see parts of the movies.

I was a master tent builder as a kid.  The torch has been passed.

Although I don't have the same enormous blanket, sheet, quilt selection my Mom had when I was a kid.

But we certainly make do.  *wink*

I spent the quiet afternoon (while the oldest and the youngest {*grin*} took naps) looking at landscaping ideas online.  I've got to have a master plan.

I've spent our time here focused on the inside.  And while we're not anywhere near finished, I at least have some type of plan.  But I've had no inspiration for the outside.

But that has changed!!  I found amazing inspirational pics and now have a goal.  A vision.

Now I just need to figure out how to narrow it all down.  *wink* 


I also wish I could figure out how to stinkin' pin from my iPad to Pinterest.  Other than copying and pasting.  Grrr. 

Anyone know?  Anyone?  Bueller?

All landscaping pics courtesy of bhg.com.


My backyard is shady.  And I have a few hostas back there....but not enough. I need, crave want more!!!


For years I never opened the cover of a BH&G mag.  I was a little bit of a mag-snob, I admit.  But not too long ago I lowered myself flipped thru one of my mom's...and found a lot of things I loved!  And yesterday I was very surprised at all the landscaping goodies I came across.  Nice resource. 

Enjoy.

By the by, I've spent 2 entire days insideFor real????  Yes.  I know.  I know.  Yesterday I cleaned my bathroom.  Did laundry.  The boys dusted, unloaded {what they could} the dishwasher, and cleaned up all their own messes.  And then some.  It was a glorious day.

But today....well, today we swim.  Being inside {when the sun is out} just really ain't my thang.  Soooo, what are you doing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment