I had my heart set on this. An entire weekend of crafting, hosted by favorite blogger extraordinaire numero dos.
An entire girls' weekend of crafting? Sign me up.
Antique shopping at an awesome barn? I'm packing now.
Only 10 spots were available. It was kinda expensive. In fact, I hadn't even told my man about it.......
...............until I found out favorite blogger extraordinaire numero uno was gonna be there.
Oh. Have. Mercy.
So I asked my man. And he was completely obliging. As he usually is whenever I ask something of him.
He, of course, milked it for all it was worth. I gave countless back rubs. Fixed favorite meals. Promised....well, never mind.
But alas. I did not get in to
And I'm not gonna lie. I cried.
Oh yes, I did. I should probably give a little backstory here though. You see, I've never left my children. I haven't been gone from them for more than 10 hours. Ok, 8 hours. Maybe 6 hours. *sigh* Once when I was pregnant with Bruiser I left Bubba and Dad and went to a Beth Moore conference and a month or so later a Women of Faith conference. For both I was gone less than 24 hours.
That was the last time I've ever been away from my kiddos. I love being a mother. I love being with my kids. I love being a family. I don't like being away from them.
But after 7 years of motherhood, I think I'm ready for a short get-away.
I tried hard not to let myself get all worked up about this. With only 10 spots available, I figured it would be a long shot.
* I had my trusty ipad ready at 11:40. Registration opened at noon.
* I refreshed. Closed. Refreshed the webpage until the magical button appeared.
* I pushed the button, the ipad screen now sweaty from my fingers.
* I was transferred to paypal.
* Nothing happened.
* I repeated everything.
* Nothing. Happened.
* I repeated. Like, another 30 times.
* Nothing. HAPPENED!!!
Meanwhile, my daughter is lovingly entertainging herself. Hungry, but content.
So let's fast forward this, shall we?..........................Comments were reporting a glitch. So I kept trying. Then a comment was left with a link. It was from some guy....I clicked it and got a ticket. But then got nervous about paying. I mean, that's a lot of dinero if this dude made a link as a scam.
So I went back and tried again via the official link. Nada.
I put on my big girl undies (I detest the word panties.....ick), sucked it up, and decided scam or no scam I was gettng a ticket.
SOLD OUT.
And I cried. I know, it's totally ridiculous. I had prayed over this. Prayed that if it were the Lord's will, I would get a spot. And I didn't. So normally I just pick up and move on. I'm not one to get heartbroken over trivial things. I trust in Him for everything. So apparently this was not meant to be.
*****************************************
While typing the Pity Party Post above, I heard the back door open. My boys are out of town with my parents for a few days. So I knew Doh Doh had made the escape to the backyard. I found this.......
Two different flip flops. Her brothers', not hers.
Garden shovel in hand.
She set off for the sandbox. A favorite place of hers lately. Please tell me you notice the stare-off going on between her and the squirrel. He's perched on the sandbox.
She won, by the way.




No comments:
Post a Comment