Wednesday, June 22, 2011

grateful heart

Today I'm grateful.  Grateful for...........

* safe travels.  Which brought my fellas back to me.

* my man, who loves his family.  I just love watching him with his kiddos.  And especially how that baby girl has him twisted around her little finger.

* a country with antibiotics.  And doctors.  All which help my baby girl feel way better today than she did yesterday.

* ibuprofen.  And caffeine.  {Sick little girls can be high maintenance.}

* brothes who missed their sister.  And bailed outta the car before it came to a complete stop just to see her.

* grandparents who love to spend time with their grandchildren.  Even cleaning up vomit from car sickness.  More than once. *sigh*

* my firstborn, who will turn 7 tomorrow.  And I honestly can't believe it.  So many things I've forgotten over the years, but I pray I never forget those big brown eyes staring up at me, without crying, the moment he was born.

* a little lady who loves her brothers so much she felt lost without them.

* nap time.

* senses of humor.  And great personalities.

* complete strangers who bless me with wonderful kindness even though they don't know me

* 2 little fellas who are at my feet playing Monopoly.....and cracking me up every roll of the dice.  I really don't think their rules are quite by the book. *wink*

* a big brother who chased his sister through the whole house.  And both loved every minute of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow is Bubba's birthday.  He is struggling with the fact that his b-day has fallen on a weekday (apparently he didn't realize this was a possibility) but his party isn't until Friday. 

So how do you make a fella feel special on his big day?  When you've got 9,000 other things that need to be done b/c you've held a sick Doh Doh for the last 3 days???

I offered up my idea of what we could do tomorrow.  He informed me that was not what he wanted to do.

So I informed him to keep up that attitude....and he won't have a birthday at all.  In case you didn't know, parents do have the power to veto birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment