Some I love.
Others leave me thinking, "At what point did this person decide they were so uber fantastic that they decided to show tutorials????"
Am I the only one? I think not. Some of these blogs slay me.
Don't get me wrong. Y'all know my favorite blogs offer constant tutorials. I say bring it on. It's the off-the-wall blogs that give tutorials on how to put on a roll of toilet paper, or how to open a can of green beans, or how to change a diaper in 42 easy moves, or.....well, I think you get my point.
So this is not really a tutorial. Cuz everybody knows this stuff. I'm just gonna show before and after photos.
It's at this point I wish I had just called this a before/after post and skipped the ranting and lunatical rambling.
Is lunatical a word? Loon-uh-tickle. That's funny.
Hmm.
Moving on.........
I showed you yesterday the mirror on my deck. Here was the before.
Behind that stool, which is another
That's me gearing up for the paint job. Nice hair. I get it.
And here's my PIC -- Partner In Crime.
Love that kid. Always on my heels as I attempt any type of project. Love love love it.
In fact, working with him on projects this past weekend reminded me of always helping my Dad with things. I even heard myself saying -- in the exact same voice -- the same things my Dad said to me.
Some women turn into their mothers........ I am not one of those women.
You can see in this photo above that the painting has already begun.
I didn't sand or really prep the surface in any way. I knew it was going to be outside on the deck so I just painted it.
Here's a tip. Free of charge. Paint the chalkboard paint on the mirror FIRST. This project took way too long b/c I painted the frame first. In my defense, I thought I was out of chalkboard paint. I did find it. While the frame was already drying. Niiice.
That's the frame finished. How cute is that pic, by the way???? Chalkboard paint is next. If you're still following along with me.....
And that's it. Cheap. Easy. Just like........... Ahem.
The glare is just the lighting. It's just a matte black when it's all finished.
Bubba has already drawn a man. On springs. On stilts. With zigzag pants. And spikey hair. And polka dotted clothing.
Bubba really adds that je ne sais quoi quality to our family. *wink*








No comments:
Post a Comment