Friday, June 24, 2011

friday's confessions

* Yesterday I dropped my iPhone in the swimming pool. The deep end. I dove in. No luck. I had to fish it out w/ the net.

* Yesterday I thanked God for the insurance plan - which I never ever buy on electronics - that my man told me was a waste of $$. *ahem*

* Bruiser is 3 weeks shy of his 5th birthday. My kids have all had growth spurts, personality/demeanor changes all about a month before birthdays. Bruiser has had an ENORMOUS personality change recently. After years of sympathy b/c of his speech impediment & being the ham, yet still very well behaved, he is making up for lost time. IN A BIG WAY. The last few days he has tried my patience like never before. I'm cracking the whip. And lacing up my boots. I don't tolerate attitude issues. Boot camp starts soon. *wink*

* My phone is being replaced. But I have to wait 3-5 days. In the meantime, they so graciously loaned me a phone. A flip phone. An I-only-have-12-keys-on-my-keypad flip phone. I'm in withdrawal. I have jitters. No email? No Facebook? No Wimbledon app? *gasp*

* It's summer. Summer = 60s music. The radio in my car is set to 60s on 6 on XM radio. There's just something about summer that screams CCR (one of my top 10 favorite bands), Simon & Garfunkel, Dave Clark 5, The Beatles...... Love. It.

* Yesterday Bubba was thrilled with his presents. But it was a rough day. Hoping today, & his little "party" we're having, is much better. Much, much better. (Name that musical!!)

* I'm hesitant to type this next one..... But I'm uh-gonna. I am always paranoid over my kids' birthdays. *sigh* We've always done family parties, never really invited friends. So I'm always paranoid that they're not going to feel special enough. Not going to feel like their day was fun. It's silly, I know. But growing up birthdays were never a big deal. I found myself doing the same w/ my kids. Once I decided go change it....the paranoia set in. *sigh*

* Last night the boys got to have a slumber party w/ Momma. In honor of Bubba's big day. Which means I got to listen to the snoring of 2 tuckered out little fellas, have flailing arms nail me in the face at all hours, be snuggled by a boy hotter than a space heater, and get whiffs of aromas that made me absolutely sure I'll be washing my sheets today. And yet wishing slumber parties could last forever.

* This has been a tough week. My head is throbbing. I plan on drowning it with caffeine.

* I'm ready for Sunday.

* Cars 2 opens today. If you know Bubba at all you know this is a big day. We've already purchased Saturday matinee tickets. Bring on Mater!!!

* Happy weekend, y'all.

* If you're waiting for an email from me...well, you might have to wait another 3-5 days.

1 comment:

  1. Tried to call you yesterday and got your voicemail...so sorry. We are going to CARS2 today! I'm more pumped than AG.

    ReplyDelete