Friday, June 3, 2011

what's happening now

Just a little bit of what's shakin' 'round these parts.

* Today is Bubba's last day of school.  His last day as a 1st grader.  Why does having a 2nd grader make me feel so much older?  I can't believe it.  I'll move on before the tears start.

* I'm completely in love with Burt's Bees new tinted lip balm.  It's perfection.  I love all of Burt's products.  But this new balm....oh, yum.  It smells delicious.  And Red Dahlia is the perfect tint for me.  Try it.  I think you'll like it.
And as I posted on Facebook not long ago:  Burt, if I weren't a married lady.....  *wink*

* My garden is doing beautifully.  I'm fired up.  So far, other than the lettuce catastrophe after a huge storm, the only other casualty has been my cilantro.  It bolted.  Or rather, began flowering.  I could've kept it for coriander...but it was in a sad state.  All this rain.  So I ripped it out.  And my Dad brought me a new cilantro plant tonight.  Let's hope I do better with this one.


* So with today being the last day of school we're going out tonight for dinner.  Any suggestions?  We need a new place. 

* Turns out none of Bruiser's graduation pictures turned out that great.  Not sure what was going on with my camera that night, and the lighting in there was horrible.  If I were a true photographer I would've snapped a few for practice during the 30 minutes we waited.  As with all of my great ideas, it occurred to me after the fact. *sigh*
Tell me how cute you think that is.  Seriously.  I guess you really just have to know his personality.  Bruiser's just so quirky.  The kid cracks us all up.  And this picture...well, it just kills me.  They made those guitars in class.  Cute, right?  His teacher's husband cut out all the wood.  The base is cardboard they painted.  Adorable.

His cap was on crooked, tilted, lopsided, or backwards at all times.  Again, this is just him.

Everyday when Bruiser gets dressed at least some article of clothing is on backwards.  Or inside out.  Yesterday he had his shorts on backwards.  And his shirt.  And flip flops on the wrong feet.  Not sure how his boney little butt could handle that zipper poking him.

* This next picture was taken the night of graduation.  His last day of K4.


And it totally reminds me of this picture.  Taken his first day of K3.
Look how he's grown!  Still the same quirky little fella.

* I need a box of Kleenex for today's post.  goodgrief

* I love this picture.  See the chubbiness?  It says summer to me.

* I'm currently looking for a new swimsuit.  And I'm taking suggestions.  I usually buy from Lands End.  But this year they've let me down a little bit.  Everything I like is almost completely sold out.  Everything else is just so-so.  Anyone ever bought from Athleta? 

* I recently joined Pinterest.  Just one more thing to keep me from doing what I ought to be doing.  *wink*  Does anyone Pin?  I'm trying to figure out how to place the pin button on my toolbar on my iPad.  You're supposed to drag it there....only it won't let me drag it there.  Please advise.

* I keep hearing a noise that sounds like a squirrel chattering.  Inside my house.  Probably should figure out what that is.  Or just keep blogging.

* This morning there is an awards assembly.  After that I'm checking out Bubba early.  Then we're oh-fficially on summer break.  I can hardly wait.
I'm ready to have this boy with me.  All day.  Just remind me of that next week after he and his brother have fought so much I've started pulling out my eyelashes one by one.

* Well, I leave you with this.  Precious Doh Doh.  Asleep in her highchair.

Adorable.  This was after Bubba's Field Day.  She just plum wore herself out.

* Enjoy your day!  Happy weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment