Tuesday, June 21, 2011

{B-I-G N-E-W-S}

No, I'm not pregnant. *grin*

Yesterday I posted a pathetic post had a very whiney post about not getting a spot at a super duper awesome Craft Weekend.  It was a total pity party.

My apologies if you read it.

If you didn't, here's the condensed version:  I didn't get a spot at a Craft Weekend.

Until this seriously awesome, total and complete stranger named Danielle discovered she had a conflict in her calendar.  And sold her spot to me.

I kid you not.

And so now - yours truly - will be spending my very first ever weekend away from my children and crafting with my two favorite bloggers -- plus another blogger quickly becoming a favorite. *wink*

I. Am. Fired. Up.

But I'm not gonna lie.......I've struggled, as I'm sure all mothers do, with taking time for myself.  {An entire weekend!  Unbelievable.}  And with spending money on myself.  {I have a tendency to think of others way money can be spent:  feeding hungry children, supporting missionaries....}  And with asking others to help so that the weekend can be successfully pulled off.  {Yes, my man's gonna need help.}

But I've done it anyway.  Come September I'll be blogging all about it.  So just you wait. *grin*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other {B-I-G N-E-W-S} .....and this is the BEST!!!!.....

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you'll remember me asking y'all to pray for my childhood bestie K and her baby Glory.  Glory has lived her entire 10 3/4 months at Children's Hospital.  Mostly in the Cardiac ICU.

Well, guess what?????
This gorgeous girl is home!  For the first time in her little life she left the hospital.  And is now living in their temporary home not far from the hospital.

Thank you for praying.  She still needs our prayers!  She still has surgeries in her future and is still on her feeding tube.  But while they wait for the future surgeries, she gets to be home.

K, I love you guys so much.  And I am beyond thrilled for that beauty.  I can hardly wait to see what our God does next!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for the not so pleasant news.......

5 1/2

We beat our winter streak of 3 weeks.  We made it 5 1/2 weeks before anyone got sick.  Precious Doh Doh woke us up at 11 last night.  Actually, a text from my MIL woke us up at 10:44.  {thanks a lot, Nona!!!}  I never went back to sleep.  At 11:15 Doh Doh joined us in bed, burning up with fever.

No meds were working.  Her fever wouldn't budge from 102.

Strep throat.

Please pray for us.  Bubba's birthday is this week. 

I was suppsoed to use this time the boys are gone to plan, clean, shop, decorate.....  Instead I've held my little lady.  (way better than all that other stuff!!)  The boys come home tomorrow and I have no birthday presents purchased, nothing decorated for the party, and nothing cleaned. *sigh*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are new to my blog you need to know that I'm horrible at updating my post labels.  So even clicking on topics you probably won't find much. 

If you wonder why my kids go by nicknames -- and yes, that's what we truly call them, at home AND in public -- click here. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Enjoy your Tuesday.  It.  Is.  Gorgeous! Outside!  But sadly, I'm inside.  Holding a fussy girl.  And watching Bubble Guppies.  She's been good as long as she can.  *wink*

Oh, and guess what?  One of my Roma tomatoes is turning red!  Yee-tothe-haw!!!  My cherry tomatoes have been producing but so far only gorgeous green maters.  But last night while watering I saw a gleam of red!!!  True story.

1 comment:

  1. Wahoo!! I'm so glad it worked out for you!
    See you in September!

    ReplyDelete