It's nice, right? Summer. I love it. In a big way.
So welcome, Summer. Oh, how I've missed you. In a big way.
And we're off to a good start. But first, before I make you all jealous of our goings-and-comings, I must apologize again for the photo quality of the last post. Seriously, I read it all again this afternoon and laughed my tail end off. Those pictures....oh, my. My precious sam-ich didn't even look appealing. Yuck.
So my apologies. I promise to try better next time. *wink*
And moving on........
Wow. After that apology you'd expect a good picture, right? I just can't seem to get this right. *sigh* Anyway, moving on....to bragging rights. The pic above is of my fella receiving an award for getting all A's all year.
His response? "It was only paper."
Hi-larious. He wanted a trophy. Yep. That's my fella.
As soon as the awards ceremony was over, I snagged my fella, the last of his 1st grade belongings (sniff, sniff) and hightailed it outta there. To oh-fficially start our summer.
At Target. Toy section. Getting b-day ideas.
Then Geno's.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have another nest. And I love checking on it every day.
However, that
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My garden is doing beautifully..............
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday afternoon the fellas, per their usual, headed off to the grandparents' house
To help ease the pain of being left out, yet again, I busted out the bubbles.
Ya know, the red neck swimming pool. *wink*
I weeded the garden. Yanking out more mint that is mocking me as it grows and takes over my more useful herbs.
She was in ecstasy. And I enjoyed the giggles and almost-words and spashing sounds and requests to be taken in and out of the bucket. It was basically the perfect evening.
Or would've been if I had walked in to find my house spotlessly cleaned. And organized. And completely decorated. And try as I might, I keep wiggling my nose but it just ain't working.
This one above almost doesn't even look like her. I seem to snap quite a few of those. I had just snapped a pic when she shoved her face into the lens and said "cheeeeeeeeze!"
I, of course, had to take it. Cuz it was just too funny.
Eventually the diaper just came off. And our impromptu bubble play turned into full-fledge swim-a-palooza. And utter cuteness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day, after seeing pictures of their sister having all the fun, the fellas could not be left out. Only this time we busted out the swimsuits.
Do you love those legs? Or do you love those legs.....
And I know I'm gonna regret this next one...like when she's 16...but come on.....it's cute.
Right? I'm serious. Cute. Double cute. *wink* Cracked me up. (Sorry. I'm on a pun kick this week.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Sunday, after watching
Bruiser said to me, "Mom, I can play tennis. Watch me. I'm good. I can hit the ball over the fence."
Clearly we have more work to do.
And I have to brag....my Bubba never gave up. He struggled with hitting in the direction he wanted, and tossing up the ball and hitting it, BUT he never gave up. He did great. Bubba doesn't really enjoy taking instruction, but he listened and corrected. And I was proud.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All right, people. That's all I've got. Happy Tuesday to ya!!! Hopefully you're outside. Enjoying S-U-M-M-E-R.


















No comments:
Post a Comment