Thursday, June 9, 2011

what was i thinking......

I just put Doh Doh nite-nite.  Every time she hears her brothers she says, "Uh oh!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We're having somewhat of a sun-free day.  The boys have been swimming every day this week.  Doh Doh and I took yesterday off. 

But we were still outside some, so today we're just trying to chill.  The boys are playing with blocks and cars and I even turned on a movie for them to watch.  We haven't really watched TV since summer started so this is a nice quiet time for them.  Or at least I hope it is.................

{They're watching Mater's Tall Tales.  All the shorts involving Mater.  Ya know Mater, right???Cars 2 opens June 24th.  The day after Bubba's b-day.  We're planning on being the first through the theatre's door.  *grin*}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This morning I took all 3 kids to the grocery store with me.  Hence the title of this post.  Seriously, what was I thinking?  I had budeted $100.  I spent over $200.  That's what you get when you take 3 hungry kiddos who deviate from shopping lists. *wink*

Part of that was planned.  Bubba hasn't been to the store with me since he started school.  And Bruiser rarely goes.  So I wanted them to be able to pick out stuff.  Try new things.  Look around and get ideas.  And Bubba flipped out when he heard the total of our bill.  He's just now starting to get a concept of money.  I can check "summer lesson on finance" off my list.

After a huge shopping trip last week I'm halfway through our grocery budget for the month and it's only the 9th.  But I do have lots of meals planned with what I have.  And how sad is it that after spending that much on groceries, we ate out for lunch????  Shhhh, don't tell my mister. *wink*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Several other blogs I read have touched upon this subject, so I'll jump in:  anybody watching Extreme Couponing?  Anyone else find the extreme over-indulgence disgusting?  Yeah, me too.  I can only imagine what hungry people would say if they saw these people shoving yet another case of mustard under their beds.  Donate it, people!!!  Find a homeless shelter, hit up the Salvation Army...do something good with your over-indulgence!  *ahem*

My man asked why we don't coupon more.  I had to laugh.  We eat so much fresh food, not packaged processed food.  If they start doing coupons for cauliflower and oranges I'll be the first in line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love having boys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday I finally worked on our "art work door" in my kitchen.  I had magnetic clips on it, but the door just kept looking junky and yuck.

I have an art wall in our play room.  I love, love, love it.  I also have the kids' artwork sprinkled all through the house.  So I don't really need  an art work door, BUT.....well, I love it, too.

I thought 3 clipboards on the door would look nice and be a good way to hang the artwork.

 But what was in my head and what transpired were 2 different things.

Granted, the artwork isn't as colorful as our usual.  But it just makes the door seem BLAH.  And honestly, no one has really noticed the difference.  Lord help my mister who didn't say a thing. And my super observant child Bubba noticed, but never said a word. 

If that kid doesn't say a word about something then it is truly lackluster.  So I'm out about $5 for the clipboards and 3M strips.  All of course will be used somewhere else.  But for now it's staying put.  Until I have another stroke of genius.  *tee hee*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bubba has been working with his cousin on catching the football in mid-air while jumping off the trampoline into the water.  I have video of him catching it.  I have no photos of him doing so.  So enjoy the almost catches.  He's still missed more than caught, but he's getting there. Yay for summer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bruiser has turned into the biggest little pest you ever did meet.  I was just yelled at b/c he was standing directly in front of his brother who was trying to watch his favorite Mater cartoon.

All kidding aside, it's freakin' hilarious.

On the other hand, the screams from his sister and the tattling from his brother.....well, it's all about to do me in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My house smells like my grandmother's house.  Just right now.

And that's not a bad thing.  *smile*

Every once in awhile I get a whiff that takes me down memory lane.  Right now that's really happening.  I'm making green & red paper chains to hang in her office/laundry room as a countdown to Christmas, all while standing next to the avocado green washer and dryer.  Big Band Christmas is playing from the kitchen.  And I have a bowl of lemons to munch on.  I loved hanging at my grandmother's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My fellas have grown weary of playing quietly.  And of my blogging.  I have been working on this post for 2 hours now.  I keep getting up, getting interrupted, and getting asked 9 million questions.  It's time to finish putting away groceries.  (Yes, I know.  I know.  I know.  "A task left undone is never completely done."  Or is it, "no task undone is ever done"?  Or is it, "an undone task is never" .......oh who cares.)

After that I just might fix myself a lime spritzer and prop up my feet on the deck.  Sounds good, right?

Oh help me.  Bruiser just came in and said his hiding spot for their game was in my cabinet.  Where the towels were.  So now my question has to be, where are the towels now?

No comments:

Post a Comment