Thursday, June 23, 2011

{hb, bb!!!!!}

Today my boy, my oldest boy, is 7.

7
7
7
7
7
7
7

s e v e n

Unbelievable.  No, it doesn't really seem like yesterday when he was born.  It kinda sorta feels like seven years.  Well, maybe 5.  Ok, maybe it feels more like 3. 

Yes, 3 sounds about right.

But seven????

Impossible.

Bubba, it's funny to think that you were my biggest baby.

And my hardest delivery.  *ahem*

And worth every hour, all 9 lbs 1 oz and 22 inches of you.  Absolutely.  Again and again.

I miss our naps together while watching Playhouse Disney.
I miss bouncing you in your bouncy seat.
I miss smooching those chubby, chubby cheeks.  (They're still chubby....they just don't smell as good.)
I miss holding you while you sucked your plug.


To say we love you seems like an understatement.

To say having you made us a true family seems just about right.

You make us proud every day.

You make us laugh every day.

We are anxious to see who the Lord is making you. 
We are anxious to see how you decide to serve Him.
We love the way you love.
We love your heart.
We love that you are the perfect big brother.

There are days we wish you weren't obsessed with keys.  Or key chains.  Or bluegrass music.  Or cars.

But we know all of that just makes you......YOU.  And we wouldn't have YOU any other way.

You amaze me.
You astound me.

And I praise God every day that He gave me YOU.

1 comment: