Saturday, June 4, 2011

did u know?

* I'm a total tennis fanatic. Fanatic, I tell you. This morning is the women's final of the French Open. Yes, I'm up early to watch Italy's Schiavone defend her title. This is also the first time for a Chinese woman to be in the finals of a Grand Slam. tennisnerd

* I was not paid nor compensated in anyway for my promotion of Burt's Bees product in my previous post. I just love their products. Big time.

* I'm contemplating skipping church tomorrow to watch the men's French Open final. Just kidding. That's what DVRs are for. Roger Federer vs. Rafael Nadal. Anyone wanna babysit so I can have complete solitude? And blessed silence? Actually, come to think of it, that sounds really boring. The silence. Not the tennis match.

* I weeded my garden yesterday and planted my cilantro. While working, Doh Doh played in a big bucket of bubbly cool water. I belted out show tunes. A few neighbors were out as well. I have no doubt I'll soon be asked again, Now, what did you do before being a momma?

* Speaking of beauty products, I love Tarte products. Anyone else? Love their tinted moisturizer. Oh, and their cheek stains. I'm just a sucker for natural products.

* I'm so ready for Wimbledon it's pathetic. Are you tired of tennis talk?

* I'm ready to clean, clean, clean today. I cleaned last night. Hoping to continue with that mojo today. After tennis, of course.

* I never even made the beds yesterday. Finally made the boys' beds last night since they were with my parents.

* While playing true confessions, I also never got all of last week's laundry put away. Until last night.

* This summer, besides having lazy days filled with swimming & bike rides, we're also dedicating lots of time to chore distribution & bed making instruction. We've been super duper lax since moving. But Momma just can't keep doing it all. Well, I could...but not without a pay raise.

* I'm considering decorating the backyard and dining al fresco this evening. Under the trees. As a summer break kickoff. I promise pictures if I actually can pull it off.

* Happy Saturday, y'all. Hope today finds you shopping for vintage treasures. Or picnicking in the shade. Or skinny dipping. *wink* Or digging warm toes in the damp earth of a recently watered garden. (Mine will be.)

No comments:

Post a Comment