Friday, June 10, 2011

in my own little corner

Can anyone name that musical?  In my own little corner, in my own little room, I can be whatever I want to be.

Think about it.  Get back to me.

Wednesday was a phenomenal day. I started blogging about it last night, but never finished.



The boys were with Nona. The girl was with Nana. I had 2 complete kid-free hours. And I got busy.


I cleaned the kitchen. I did some laundry. I picked up kids from both houses. Then came home and got busy again. The little lady took a much-needed nap while the super exhausted brothers played with toys....indoors.


At the end of the day I had a clean kitchen, laundry done, all rooms straightened, 2 rooms dusted, and 3 rooms vacuumed. And the best part? My oldest fella did the vacuuming. Meaning, that's going on his chore list. gottaloveit


I even had the checkbook balanced and all bills paid. Why yes. Yes, I am bragging. Cuz I did gooooooooood.

Which brings me to this......


We spent 4 years looking for a house. Actually, more than that. But we'll go with 4. For 2 of those years we looked seriously. And I wouldn't even look at a house unless it had an office for me. Or kitchen office. Or extra bedroom. Or whatever.


It's funny the things that were mandatory on my list.....and when I walked in this house I pitched that list right out the win-der. This was the house. And we knew it. So I didn't get an office. I got a craft room/play room. Yes, i could use it as an office, but I decided against it. I want a creative space. Not with all that other junk bringing me down. *snort*


So I carved out a space in the laundry room. I worked on it last weekend. So far it is working beautifully. I told y'all.....I had to live in my house for awhile before I knew exactly how we wanted everything situated. And this cabinet has everything in it that I need. And it's clean. And it's organized. And no little pudgy fingers can reach it.


It makes me feel so organized.
It makes me feel like taking a deep breath.
It makes me feel calm............

All that from just one cabinet.  Amazing.

Now, if it could only sort and toss mail, organize papers to keep, and pay bills for me we'd be in real good business.

No comments:

Post a Comment