Monday, June 27, 2011

this too shall pass

Check out the new craft post on my favorite blog.  She uses one of my all time favorite quotes.

this too shall pass

In my mind, with my children, this too shall pass has always meant a bittersweet thing for me.  Most people use the phrase as a coping mechanism during grief or other hard times.  I've used it then, too.  But I often think of it in another light --

soon my children won't tell me every little detail of their day

soon my man and I will have an empty house

soon Doh Doh will have a full vocabulary, instead of mispronounced words here and there

soon Bubba will be driving

soon Bruiser will be chasing girls.

This is why I spend every moment with my children.  This is why I'm a constant presence in their lives.  This is why I skip girls' night out and opt for gazing at the "bed bugs" at night.  (That's lightening bugs in Bruiser-speak.)

Last week was one of the worst weeks we've had in awhile.
{strep throat, a ruined phone, every day crammed full of activities}

Last week for a couple of days someone robbed me of my joy.
{I'm working on getting over it}

It's been a very long time since anything like that has happened.  A very long time.

tit for tat

I've taught my children that's wrong.
I've also taught my child to stand up for himself.

Bubba has always been so shy, reserved....and in most cases a doormat.  When you see that child become assertive, strong, unafraid....well, it makes me proud.  But the lesson still has to be taught.

We don't return evil for evil.

While teaching our children lessons, we often learn the biggest lesson along the way.

My children are not perfect.  Far from it.  Children are sinners, just like adults.  I believe my children capable of almost anything.

I'm not a perfect person.  But I serve a perfect God. 

I have to remind  myself that my perfect Savior loves my little man even more than I do. 


Doesn't seem possible, does it?  But it's true.  He even died for my little man.  Amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Love how she did that! I would LOVE to know how she made that picture collage in the background. I can make collages, but never that big! I WANT BIG! twss

    ReplyDelete