Monday, June 13, 2011

june, you're bustin' out

June is busting out all over!  Name that musical.  Oh, come on....  The main character is Julie Jordan.  As in, You're a queer one, Julie Jordan!  Anyone?  Bueller?

*sigh*

What a glorious, glorious weekend!  Thanks for asking.  How was yours???

Friday morning we went swimming.  Friday afternoon I worked in the yard, filling holes in the garden,

pulling weeds....it's so therapeutic!!!

(Sidebar:  what idiot posts a picture of themselves shoveling?  Hmm?  Just me.  Yeah, I figured.  And no, short shorts are not my usual attire.  ahem.)

and picking 'maters.


My garden is doing very well.  And I am thrilled.  Beyond thrilled.




On Saturday, Bubba and I hit the nursery.  (As in the plant and flower nursery.)  I've devoted so much of my time to the garden (and raising some seriously cute kiddos) that I haven't planted any flowers.  At all.  No pretty flower beds.  No cutesy pots around the front door.  Until today. 

Sadly, Doh Doh's beloved pansies are no more.  Or rather, "no mo" as she says.  "No mo" picking a bloom and watching it sail down the water.  No mo leaving precious pansies all over my kitchen or family room floor. 

Dahlias have now taken their place.  Let me know if there is any kind organic kid-repellent I can spray them with.

Bubba was really into the flower planting.  

He even picked out flowers.  For his own little garden.  First he dug a "rectangular hole" next to my garden and planted begonias.  (Oh, how I love my Bubba.)

I had to do some sweet, sweet negotiations talking to get him to do the rest in pots. *wink*

Hideous picnic table isn't it?  It is now in between 2 of my beautiful rose bushes.  Just so all these stinkin' flowers of his can get some sunlight.  Hilarious.  The front 2 pots are Bruiser's.  He had to get in on the action as well.  The rest are Bubba's.  I think there were 6 total.  havemercy
 

I worked outside from 9 until 5:30.  It was a great, great day.  I love this heat.  I know that totally puts me into the freaky category.  I can dig it.  As long as I'm wearing a swimsuit or a tank top, I'm good.

And while all my other family members had retreated indoors, I worked a little bit more on the back deck.  And I am thrilled ecstatic pumped fired up drooling with anticipation to show you.

I took an old mirror, painted it, and turned it into a chalkboard.  For the deck.

And I love how it turned out.

We always spend a lot of time in this covered area of the deck.  It even has a fan.  ooh-la-la.  But now we super duper love it.  I've said before, we haven't found furniture for back here yet so we're "making do." But I'm really beginning to see the big picture.  (Yes, pun intended.  Or kinda sorta pun.)

And....are you ready for this?.......wait for it............wait.........waaaaaaaaaaaaaaait...........I said wait!!!  Ok, ready?

*ahem*  Even my man likes the new chalkboard.  Say wha??????  I know.  I know.  I.  Know.

Give it up for a cheap craft.  I'm thrifty like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment