Tuesday, May 31, 2011

random. totally random.

There is just nothing quite like hearing the phraise "I'M DONE!!!!" and walking in to find my middle child assuming the position.  That kid has got to be the most regular kid I've ever met.

We had a glorious Memorial Day weekend.  Did you?  I'm tellin' ya, it was one for the record books.  Ok, that may be a tad overkill.  But it was a great weekend.

Funny thing is, I tried yesterday to recall all we had done over the last few days and couldn't really come up with much.  Sometimes those are the best weekends. 

So here's a run down.  With a few pics.  And I promise this week to upload Bruiser's graduation, Bubba's Field Day, and the wonderful status of my garden.  Cuz I know you are all on the edge of your seats.  *snort*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Friday we rented Red Box movies for the first time.  My man and I actually watched a movie that night.  King's Speech.  It was umbelievably slow good.  Colin Firth is just plain yummy.
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Saturday morning my  man helped some friends move.  That afternoon he took the boys to see Rio.

Bubba liked it.  Bruiser kept asking Dad if the movie had started yet.  (Those dad-gum previews confuse him every time.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And proving once again that lazy parenting too much free time leads to creative self expression

Bruiser tattooed himself

with a stamp.  All over his cute little body.

And scrub as we might....it was still there for church the next morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Doh Doh keeps bringing me tomatoes.
From the already set dinner table.

And even after my attempts at telling her no....
I can still hear the squeaking of the chairs
As she climbs to her juicy goal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And speaking of tomatoes.....
these are from my cherry tomato plant.  Precious Bubba took the picture.

Tomatoes are my favorite food. 
Bruiser won't come near them.  Unless it's in the form of pizza sauce.
Bubba loves tomatoes.  In a big way.
He is not alone.

All 4 tomatoes were gone within seconds. *sigh*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Saturday, we also had a first.  A very cute first.

I painted Doh Doh's piggies.  Her chubby, chubby piggies.


She stared. 
She giggled.
She went to the backyard and got them all muddy.
And wet.

There are days I'm terrified by our similarities.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tonight for dinner I made roasted cauliflower.  Ever tried it?  Super duper easy.  Super duper delicious.

Bubba ate almost the entire head of cauliflower.

My man and I had to ask for permission for a little spoonful.

Set your oven to 450.  Cut a head of cauliflower into pieces.  Or chunks.  Mince 3-4 cloves of garlic.

Drizzle with just enough olive oil to coat it.  Season with kosher or sea salt & pepper.

Roast in oven for 30-40 minutes. 

Mine took about 30 minutes.  And 3 cloves of garlic was PLENTY for us.  I might even use just two next time.  Although as much as Bubba loved it I might consider leaving it alone. *wink*

You can find the recipe here.  You can also squeeze fresh lemon juice on it before serving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Sunday we had a cookout after church, then home.  I honestly can't remember what we really did the rest of the day.  Oh....wait.....my man mowed, the kids & I played....and that's when I painted the piggies.

Wow.  See....my days are all running together.  Pretty sure we did popcorn and ice cream that night too.

I have tons of pictures of playing in the sprinkler and with the water hose.  I'll save it for another time.  This post is long enough as it is. I've already lost several readers.  And put the rest to sleep.  *wink*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And Monday...well, this post is long enough as it is already.  More on that later.  It was a great day.  A great, great, great, great day, to quote Little Bill.  (Hopefully you know who Little Bill is.  If not, lie to me.  Or stop reading my blog.)  *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment