My mom just left with the boys. It's just the girl...and me.
She has a chocolate chip cookie, a sippy cup of water, and Bubble Guppies.
I have my blog. *wink*
So let's get this party started. Shall we? Here's what's on the agenda for the weekend:
* Buying new toilets.
New porcelain thrones. New johns. New potties. Whatever you wanna call it. Not particularly a fun thing to spend the ole moolah on. But a necessity. Yes, quite the necessity.
And hopefully, after the new thrones are installed, I won't be purchasing new hardwood floors in my bathroom. Apparently, we have a leak. And yes, water is coming out of cracks between the wood. Ooh, gross. I know.
I've already GermX-ed my feet.
ahem
The plumber said today, after inspecting a few things, "I'm guessing the previous homeowners just didn't really take care of this house, huh?" Boy did he say a mouthful. It's obvious every time I step foot outside. And pretty much everywhere else.
I'd love to make a *crack* about plumbers and all, ya know showing *plumber's crack* but my mind is still 4-year old appropriate. I haven't switched over to my adult cap just yet. Although, with my 4 & 6 y/o crack jokes ARE appropriate. havemercy
* Sprucing up the backyard.
I'm on the quest for my beloved vintage glider. Yesterday I even got a call from a booth-owner at my fave antique mall. I drove out to her house -- in a charming little country community, I might add -- to see a couple she had.
No such luck. One was quite cute...although more from my childhood than my mother's. So not quite the look I wanted.
I've trimmed a lot of the shrubs and hedges in the backyard. Again, such gross neglect from the PHs (Previous Homeowners) that we've decided it's too much to handle. We'll happily spend the summer working on the inside. And look again to the outside come fall.
BUT this weekend I hope to work on the deck area, bag up trimmings, bust out the hedge trimmers, and see what else I can get dirty doing.
And yes, I will be working in the garden. *grin*
* Decor8
Hoping to hang some things on some walls in various rooms.
Hoping to peruse etsy for some goodies.
Need to make decisions on sizes for wall hangings.
How's that for vague?
* I just filled the sink with bubbles.
Apparently Doh Doh didn't get her fill of playing earlier when I was washing dishes.
* My man and I are texting back and forth trying to decide dinner plans.
I'm in the mood for tacos. He, as usual, had a big lunch and isn't sure what he wants.
I want tacos.
* I keep hearing little blowing noises coming from the kitchen.
I have no doubt bubbles are getting blown all over the counters and floors.
* Tonight I plan on curling up with this.
I'm so excited I can't stand it. You can find the magazine here. It's SUMMER by Matthew Mead. I've been waiting
Just silence. And my new magazine. My favorite blogger's home is featured in it. And I plan on being inspired. And copying. But mostly the inspiration thing.
Uh oh. There's a cough. She must have inhaled some bubbles while she blew them.
And now the bubbles have gone bye-bye. Remind me not to use a sink full of bubbly water as a babysitter again. Ever.
* Rain + spray paint = not a good combo
This rain is beatiful.
This rain has made for more parsley, cilantro, mint, oregano than I can eat.
This rain has produced our first cherry tomatoes.
This rain has made sink holes in my garden causing me to lose lettuce and kale seed.
This rain is also preventing me from spray painting a mirror and one metal stool that I bought months ago and still haven't touched. *sigh*
Perhaps if the rain goes away I might get the chance to spray paint. But I ain't gonna hold my breath.
* I want tacos.
* I'm venturing out into the rain (and timely thunder) for cilantro.
I haven't decided quite yet if I'm making tacos or a big fat filled-to-the-rim quesadilla. I kinda think tacos might be winning. Did you think that too?
But I do know that my very clean kitchen is about to become a big fat mess.
Oh wait....now I'm thinking goat cheese quesadilla.
It wouldn't be that bad to kick off the weekend with both. Would it???
Again, whatever you do this weekend, GO OUTSIDE. *wink* Enjoy!





No comments:
Post a Comment