Tuesday, May 17, 2011

stir crazy & moving on.

I certainly hope with the title of my last post you read it in Billy Joel "We Didn't Start the Fire" form....


we didn't cut the monkey grass
it was always growing since the world's been turning
we didn't cut the monkey grass
a mess it is all in all
it will have to wait til the fall


So we're still sick.  My man is even home from work today.  That hasn't happened since....well, I honestly can't remember.  But a long, long, long time.  He's currently napping.  I, the one without sleep for almost 2 months, am blogging and being begged by a 4 year old for snuggles on the couch.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, so the 4 year old won.  *grin*  And now he's fast asleep, with 103 fever.

Hard to believe that moments ago we were out riding bikes.  He made it about 2 blocks.  And begged to come home again.  I had no idea his fever was so high.  iseriouslyhatesickness


UPDATE:  Doh Doh & I both got new meds yesterday.  Hopefully these will work.  Bruiser started his meds yesterday.  Hopefully they'll kick in soon.  Bubba is better, just still coughing.  My man...well, let's just hope his stays sinusy and doesn't progress.


Moving on...........
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday, Doh Doh was less whiney.  And Bruiser's fever was so high that he actually napped on the couch...even fell asleep outside on the deck in an iron chair.  Uncomfortable?  Yes.  Good sleep?  U betcha.

While the two littles were preoccupied....



....I cleaned.  And rearranged.

Since I've been a little stir crazy the last 3 weeks with all this sickness, I decided that while I had a free 20 minutes of not holding a whining child I would do something in the house.

So I worked on the kitchen.  (By the way, Bruiser's Motrin has kicked in.  And he's pestering the snot out of me.  And yet I'm so glad he feels better.  {kinda} *wink*)

I had temporarily decorated the kitchen, but was never pleased with it.  I have a ton of chords from our under cabinet lighting that I was trying to hide.  Since all of those will be gone soon (we're replacing the lighting) I went ahead and redecorated the counters.

My kitchen kinda looks funny from this angle.  Ha!  Again, I'm not finished.  But I'm so thrilled with the decluttering process that I just HAD to show it. 




Still haven't finished this area above the stove.  I changed it up, but just can't quite get the look I'm going for.  Of course, I also did all of this in 20 minutes.

That's approximately how long it takes for the Motrin to kick in with Bruiser.

Still haven't decided on what to do above the fridge either.  I like what's up there....but it doesn't flow with the rest of the kitchen.

Oh, and the other night just before bedtime, my man hung this up for me.

This is the wall between Doh Doh's room, the bathroom, and our playroom.  I'm not thrilled with it....the framed picture needs to be a brighter one...but I went with what was nearby.

The frame is also a storage container (see the hinges on the side??) for kids' artwork.  Love, love, love it.

This picture is too dark...sorry, but you can see Doh Doh's room.  The FAMILY sign is possibly too dark.  Not sure it's staying.  But I can't quite confess that to my man just yet.  I have to wait the appropriate amount of time before springing that kinda stuff on him.  Trust me.

I'm gonna hate it when my kids don't make this kinda artwork anymore......

And now, this post has taken so long to write, Bruiser is creating with Legos, Doh Doh never napped and somehow in her bed busted one side of her mouth....to match the other side already busted....Bubba is home from school, snacks have been made, seconds to snacks have already been served, milk has been poured up............and -- drum roll -- my man is still sleeping.

Bitter?  Why, yes.  Yes, I am. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment