Don't answer that.
Here's the deal: I've been struggling for 2 weeks now with sinus issues, a severe sore throat, serious fatigue, and a cough that would drive June Cleaver to drink.
Two nights ago, after my man had worked very late yet again, I kept him up with my coughing. It's that annoying kind that wakes me from a dead sleep...and never lets me return.
Today I waved the white flag. The little kiddos & I went to the doctor. An hour, and many, many
Almost? Weird. But apparently about a day or so away from it. Again, weird. Mental note: don't let the next sinus infection go this long.
So, after 2 weeks of feeling YUCK...
*my house is filthy
*my ironing is piled up and probably oughtta just be washed again
*muddy jeans are still sitting in the washer, probably forever stained
*toys are strewn about or not in their exact spot
*my mood is nothing like this gorgeous sunshine we're finally enjoying
This weekend is mine and Doh Doh's birthday. The same day is Mother's Day.
I'm supposed to be having a party.
I'm supposed to be having people over.
I'm supposed to be celebrating our mothers.
I'm supposed to be celebrating my little lady's 2nd b-day.
I'm supposed to be assembling 4,765,908 pieces of her retro red kitchen.
And yet, in all brutal honesty, all I keep thinking is that it's also MY b-day. It's also MY Mother's Day.
Isn't that selfish? I'm too tired to care.
Don't worry. I'll be over it tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll be scrubbing toilets. Tomorrow I'll be sorting Legos into their correct containers. Tomorrow I'll be washing mud-soaked jeans. Tomorrow I'll be reading assembly directions of a kitchen I hope my baby loves. Tomorrow I...
Oh, crap. I'm sounding like Scarlett. Oh. Yikes.
Well, there's always tomorrow...... *wink*
And now, after that dramatic turn, I'm off to bed. My sincere apologies if you're waiting for an email from me. I'm slightly behind. Perhaps I'll get to that...tomorrow.
Oh, like you didn't see that one coming. *grin*




No comments:
Post a Comment