Blogger is working again!!! Yee-to-the-haw!
It was a long week. Let's just be honest. You've missed me. It's ok to admit it.
But I'm back. So good morning. I just watched butter melt on top of oatmeal. Still one of the prettiest sights. *sigh*
My last attempt at blogging I was prepared to upload all kinds of cutie-patootie pictures of one sassy little lady. Let's continue with that, shall we?
Hopefully this gloriously long Memorial Day weekend I'll have time to work on the organizational clean-up I've done around the house. And post on Bruiser's K4 graduation. And Bubba's Field Day.
It was a big week.
Ok, before I start this next parade of pictures, I just have to tell you. This is totally Doh Doh's favorite thing to do right now.
It's been going on for months now. And my pansies have never looked better.
With all this rain we've had....
and the fact that it drains on our side of the street to the drainage ditch at the end of the cul-de-sac...she's been one happy little girl.
And tho the pansies need to be ripped out. I just can't bring myself to do it.
Pick a pansy. Float it down the water.
Pick a pansy. Float it down the water.
Just don't forget to stop and smell the flowers.
(Are you ready? Cuz this is my favorite picture. I've told you....Bruiser, Doh Doh and I are sniffers. Surely there's a support group for people like us.)
Did you love it? Did you notice she's sniffing the wrong hand? The non-flower-holding hand? Don't worry. She's since grasped the concept.
And now everyone has to sniff the flowers she picks.
During our last round of sickness - viral and bronchial infections -- this little activity was about the only thing she would do without crying.
And now, if I can't find her, I just look down at the mailbox. She's always there. And seriously, it's cute. Super cute.
And now for my gardening tip du jour: if you have struggling pansies, pinch them back. Or find a cute 2-year old to pinch them back. My pansies were beautiful through the winter, but even with this heat we're having they are still GORGEOUS. All the blooms she picks off grow back almost the next day. And fuller. And prettier.
Enjoy your weekend. We're staying home. I remember when I used to look forward to long weekends. It meant headed to the lake. Or wherever. Now I love them b/c it means working in the yard. Popping popcorn. Making milkshakes. Snuggling while watching movies.
And speaking of movies. We made our first trip to the Red Box yesterday. I know, I know. We're a little late to the par-tay. But 3 movies...$3. Chuh-ching. We just might be going back for more. *wink*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment