Friday, May 13, 2011

the livin' is easy

It's summer time.  Ok, according to the calendars it's still spring.

But here in the South...summer is upon us.  While typing this it is 88 degrees outside.

And gorgeous.

{You say freak.  I say summer lover.}

On Monday I shared my favorite summer recipe.  So how about sharing my favorite summer drink recipe?

Ok, one.  One of my favorite drink recipes.

Ok, it's not really a recipe.

Ok, so unsweet tea with lots and lots of lemon is my favorite summer drink.  This is a close second.


Sparkling water
Crushed ice
Lemon or lime
Mint (although I fluctuate on this one so mint is not in the photo above)

(This was also a spur of the moment blog topic and photo opp.  So I didn't jazz it up and make it all purty or nuthin'.  Saw this post.  She shared her recipe.)

I use San Pellegrino or Perrier, whichever you prefer.  And, not to sound like Bond James Bond and his shaken not stirred infamous preference, but crushed ice is the better choice here.  Squeeze the lemon, lime, orange, pineapple, whatever your pleasure.  Then use your straw or spoon to grind it up a little and get the pulp all throughout the drink.  Oh.  Yum.  Same thing with the mint, if you're using.

Sip.  Ahh.  Enjoy.

What's your favorite summer drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment