Wednesday, May 11, 2011

not so much a celebration

I still have sick kids. 

One is on the mend, but I still kept him home from school.  I heard a stomach virus is going around.  He's still so exhausted I can't even imagine him getting sick again. 

My middle young'un is still going strong.  Animated, loud, vivacious, hilarious, loud, energetic, boisterous....  He's fine.  Normal.

My littlest litte is not so good.  Today she's still running over 101 temperature.  She hasn't slept.  Momma hasn't slept.  Yesterday she vomited in bed all over herself.  I had to give her water to drink while I stripped her down and immediately get her in the tub.  Her fever was HIGH.  After wiping down with wet wipes, 2 cups of ice water, and one cold bath her fever went down to 103.6.

Both she and Bubba have been delusional with fever.  Scary.  Please pray for us.  Hopefully today is the last day of it.

I'm tired of being sick.  Since moving we haven't gone 3 weeks without sickness.  We moved in September.  September.  So, moving on.  B/c I'm stinkin' tired of talking about it!

Sunday was not just Mother's Day.  It was mine and Sophie's birthday.  With sickness all around we didn't have much of a celebration.  We cancelled our b-day party.  We stayed in jammies all day.  Ok, so being in jammies all day is worthy of celebrating.  *grin*

This was my Mother's Day lunch.

I ate in bed. Or was this dinner?  I can't remember.  Anyway, my feet were propped up and I enjoyed a meal I did not cook.  My dad had made lasagnas for the b-day party.  He was gracious enough to drop them off Sunday morning.  So we ate well even though we had sickness around us.  *wink*


For the party I made these cute little vases out of empty Crush bottles.  Remember the cute Valentine idea I showed you?  Now you know what to do with the empty bottles.  Let's see...think I meant to do a tutorial on those.  Hmm.  Well, that link will give you an idea.  I just used paper though.

We had the house all ready for guests.  Ok, kinda sorta ready.  And by the next morning I was glad I wasn't 100% ready since la fiesta was la cancelled.


The birthday girl -- along with her big brothers -- LOVES her new kitchen.


Wouldn't you????


She also got pots, pans, silverware, napkins.  And her very first tea set.

I was even brought a cup of tea this morning while I was still in bed.  I see countless tea parties in our future.  I certainly hope we're required to dress for the occasion. *wink*


Let us not forget our very own shopping cart.  She even wipes it down with wet wipes like her germaphobe mother. 

I'm in total shock the cart is empty in that pic.  It usually has a doll and lots of food, stuffed animals, Cars cars, Legos, blocks, puzzle pieces, pillows.....


Actually lighting the candles....probably not the best idea I've ever had.

Hurrying up the song singing and extinguishing said flame....a much better idea.


Ironically, this was the first birthday where I didn't spend an arm and a leg order a cake from Creative Kitchen.  I had planned on making my own.  And I'm oh-so glad I did.  When Bubba first started running fever I simply grabbed a cake mix and made some quick cupcakes.  On our actual b-day I had planned on pastel pink and orange icing to go with our color scheme. 

Hmm....should've taken a picture of our candy, balloons, plates, napkins, and other color-schemed items.  Oh well.

Instead I thru on the store-bought icing and called it a day.  Slacker?  U betcha.

There are, of course, tons of other pictures.  But this pretty much sums up our day.

If you think about it, please pray for us.  I haven't slept in a very long time.  I just hope all of this makes sense!!  Enjoy your day. 

Please tell me you're outside enjoying this gorgeous weather.

1 comment:

  1. -Sorry about the sickness.
    -Your meal looks great.
    -Sophie's party stuff looks fab.
    -I love the kitchen. AG got a kitchen and accessories for her 2nd bday. She still loves it to this day.
    -Miss you.

    ReplyDelete