Doh Doh and I did what all girls should do on Valentine's Day -- we shoe shopped.
And my girl can certainly pick 'em. Imagine a little girl who already has one heck of a shoe fetish being turned loose in a shoe shop. Have. Mercy.
Ya see, yesterday at church I liked my outfit....and hated my boots. And every time I wear them I swear I'm retiring them and buying more. So today I bought myself a rockin' new pair. (I was way overdue. ;) And oh, I heart them. I'm surprised I'm not wearing them now.....in my jammies. But the night is not over.
Ok, so this picture isn't from today, but somehow she was the only non-photographed child today. It couldn't possibly be b/c she was fussy. No, that certainly wasn't it. Ahem. But seriously, how cute is this kid? She looked so cute the other day with her hair pulled back in a knot. Oh. So. Cute.
Please notice her boots. The kid dresses better than her Momma. (Please disregard the laundry in the background. Or the lack of decor on the walls. I won't be able to use the 'oh, we just moved in' line too much longer.)
Perhaps I'll show off my rockin' boots tomorrow. Did I mention they were 50% off? Please remind my man of that.
Moving on........ My afternoon was spent at 2 Valentine parties. Hi-larious entertainment.
This child was ready to leave as soon as I entered the room.
He wanted to take this with him. To eat in the car.
Check out that shirt. Hunk of burnin' love. Yes. Yes, he is.
It was a short party. Just goodies and wiping the icing off of chubby cheeks. (That's my favorite part. Even moreso than the icing. Ok, maybe it's 50/50. Or 60/40.)
As soon as he licked the last bit of icing off the cupcake, and threw away the cake portion of said cupcake, we headed to party #2.
Where this child was certainly NOT ready to leave his party.
This is my only picture. I soon began assisting with the game portion of the par-tay. Did you know that Red Hots rub off on chubby, sweaty little fingers as they use them as game pieces during a stimulating round of Valentine Bingo? True story. Did you also know that 1st graders like to cover their pieces on their game board whether that number has been called or not? And then yell Bingo? True story.
Ok, so not really a crafty thing -- b/c after all the sickness, cleaning, sickness, cleaning, organizing, unpacking, sickness, etc. we've had lately, who has time? -- but this is what I did for the boys' teachers for Valentine's.
A 6-pack of strawberry Crush with a cute tag. My man and the fellas LOVE Crush. I think they just like the bottles. (Another crafty post soon on what to do with those empty bottles!!!)
It was a BIG hit with all their teachers. And it was super fast for this
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So over the weekend I worked hard on cleaning out our dining room. (This has a Valentine's tie-in, I promise.) Since moving in we've used it for storage -- holding all the pictures yet to be hung, decorative pieces yet to find their new spot, crap that I'm too lazy to go through so I shove it aside until I'm in the mood. Basically until we have time to furniture shop the dining room has to stay that way. But I could no longer take the unorganized feel of the room. Or the fact that it's one of the first things you see when you walk in the door. So I spent the entire day Saturday working on it.
And tonight I made a special meal.
And we dined by candlelight.
As a family.
In the dining room.
A new family tradition.
Or so I hope.
And here's hoping you had one rockin' Valentine's Day. And if you didn't, here's hoping you go out and buy one rockin' pair of boots. I'm still eying the half price cowboy boots with the wicked heel. They spoke to me today. The price tag, however, did not. My man is gracious. He ain't that gracious. ;)








No comments:
Post a Comment