Thursday, February 3, 2011

i'm {cracking}

After typing the title, but before ever striking one key for the actual post, I cracked.  Yes, I did.  I yelled at two boys who still don't feel that great and yet, even though one went to school today, have cabin fever pretty badly.  They were running through this house as if it were a laser tag establishment (even tho they have no idea what laser tag is).  Normally this does not bother me.  They need the exercise and clearly can't go outside to exert their pent up energy.  But when one is chasing, the other falls, and the oldest takes out his aggression on the younger until tears are involved....well, that makes me crack.

So I yelled.  Well, if you can call it a yell.  See, I've almost lost my voice.  It comes and goes.

Insert all jokes of me actually losing my voice here.

Anyway, their scolding resulted in poor widdle Doh Doh crying....unsure of what exactly was going on.  (No, that most certainly does not mean I never yell at my children.  I do.  A perfect mother I am not.)  Now she's snuggled up next to me watching Nick Jr.

And the boys have been banned -- first from my room, b/c it's full of laundry that needs to be folded and put away, and now from the living room b/c that's where The Bird and I are.  I never ban my kids from areas.  Our home is just that....a home.  But I have my moments.  Did I mention I'm out of patience?

Today is day 8 of sickness.  Today it had been 7 days since I had done any type of hair or makeup.  Bruiser had a dental appointment first thing this morning so I was up at 6:30 getting ready.  We were there only 30 minutes and came home...again.  I've been inside these walls for over 7 days.  I have not driven my car in 7 days.  I have not stepped out in the yard for 4 days.  But yes, I have showered.  :)  I am a homebody so I don't get stir crazy often.  I wouldn't even say I'm stir crazy now....just ready for some normalcy again.

So since everything is all topsy turvy, I'll share what's on my mind.

I'd rather be here.......


Fiji.  My dream vacation. 

Instead, I'm looking at this.




Sidenote:  Doh Doh has now gotten up and is hitting me with her booty.  Which means I'm hitting the backspace key every 5 strokes or so.

I'm irritable.  I'm tired.  I think I'm going to give Doh Doh a bath.  She's beginning to smell a little like my old horse.  And my old dog.  Combined.  Poor baby.  And then I'm hopping in the shower.  Not because I smell like said horse or said dog, but hopefully my shower will give me a little clarity.  Or at least wash away some of the crabbiness.

Enjoy your day.  No matter my state of mind:  This is the day the Lord has made!

1 comment:

  1. You guys have really had a tough time! It's tough to be patient and loving when you are feeling great and haven't been trapped at home for a week! You're not the only mom who yells at their kids occasionally. ;) Praying you guys are well soon!

    ReplyDelete