Sunday, February 6, 2011

happy anniversary

Twelve years ago today -- at the age of 16 (hardy-har-har)

* I had no idea what I was getting into.

* I walked down the aisle in a dress I didn't love.

* I wore ballet slippers on the carpet instead of barefoot in the sand like I had always dreamed of.

* I quickly shed my ballet slippers and went barefoot for the reception.

* I had short straight hair, instead of long & curly like the visions from my childhood.

* I didn't dance with my man at the reception.

* I didn't get a father/daughter dance either.

* I honeymooned in a cold climate, instead of on a beach.

* I walked down the aisle to the song I had always dreamed of....and handbells played it.

* I did not leave the church to the song I had always dreamed of.

* I barely got to visit with any of my family who had traveled long distances.  Sadly, it was the last time we were all together in one room.

* I laughed my rear end off at my nephew who saluted almost everyone at the reception.

* I hopped into a Jaguar and drove away.

Twelve years ago today....

I married my best friend.

And I'd do it all over again.  In a heartbeat.

I love you, sweetheart.  Errrrrrrrr.

p.s.  thanks for the 30 widdle pingers and 30 widdle piggies you gave me.

p.s.s.  thanks for exceeding my expectations.

p.p.s.s.  i don't really have anything else to add i just always wanted to write p.p.s.s.

No comments:

Post a Comment