Saturday, February 5, 2011

welcome to the neighborhood

Last week, while the flu had invaded only 1 little body and before the cold weather I hate so much overtook our fair city, we had some gorgeous weather.  I mean seriously gorgeous stuff, people. 

And big shockere here.................we were outside  Yes, we ARE that family who spends every gorgeous minute outside. 

And because our neighbors don't think we're weird enough......


Bubba busted out the fiddle.



Enjoying the lovely trashcan backdrop?  I'm so fancy with all my photography.



Ok, now here's where you need to pay attention.  Check out Bubba's eyes.........



Whenever Bubba gets serious about his music -- which is every time he listens to music...especially his beloved bluegrass -- his eyes close.  But not just a normal 'shut' but the I'm-really-getting-my-groove-on eyebrows raised and slightly scrunched, shoulders loose and moving, head cocked, and eyes shut.



Please tell me you notice that my old violin has only 2 strings.

And please tell me you notice how badly the bow needs to be restrung.  And the wonderful form he has with said bow.



At the beginning of this little impromptu photo session he didn't want his picture taken.


Obviously he warmed up.............

And then somebody else had to get in on the action.  I mean, heaven forbid he be left out.


Although he was more into the comedy of it, and having his picture taken, than feeling the music.


We blared "Barefoot Nellie" on my phone and tried to play along. 



Does that smile make you melt, too?


No idea what our new neighbors were thinking.  We didn't care. 

We had our fReaK FlAg out and we were waving it proudly!

Wave your freak flag today.  Wave it with pride. *giggle*

(By the way, Barefoot Nellie is one of our favorite bluegrass songs. If you're looking to get your kids into bluegrass -- and of course, who isn't?? -- then you definitely need to check out Little Mo McCoury's kids album. And no, I didn't make up that name.)

2 comments:

  1. I am cracking up at your trashcan backdrop, and I LOVE the closed eyes while fiddle playing. Seious business, indeed.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously laughed out loud when you said "and because our neighbors don't think we're weird enough...Bubba busted out the fiddle." Too stinkin' funny!

    ReplyDelete