Friday, February 18, 2011

{a wish for no pants}

Tuesday night at dinner Bubba said to me, "Momma, you know what I wish?  I wish we didn't have to wear pants to school."

I.  Cracked.  Up.  I mean laughing HARD.  He was shocked, b/c of course he was completely serious.  But then he realized the hilarity of it all.

I'd be lying if I said this was the first time he'd ever said that.

That story is somewhat important for the rest of this post.  Pants-less pictures are involved.  You have been warned.  This is how our family rolls.  Ok, wait.....I should probably re-phrase that.  That's how my kids roll.  I wear pants. 

Most of the time.

During the snow, after the clothing layers and the frigid temps tired little bodies, we got out our tried-and-true toys:  Blocks.  And Cars cars.

Momma busted out the blue painters tape.  And masked off roadways through the almost-furniture-less living room. 


My kids are going to hate it when we actually move the couch back in here.


And tables.


Colored blocks + 2 sets of Jenga blocks + countless Cars cars = one heck of a good time


Notice the wardrobe of both boys.  I never even noticed until after I started taking pictures.  And saw all the visible crotches.




I don't know why, but I adore taking pictures of their creations.  And they LOVE it.  I get a kick out of getting on the floor and seeing their creativity in action.  And capturing it on film.

Wow.  I just showed my age there, huh?  I mean, who uses film anymore?





The tape in the living room has been pulled up.  It had help from a little 21-month old who was more like Queen Kong towering over the structures.  The tape on the hardwood floors is still there.  Bubba refuses to allow me to rip it up.  It is his domain. 

And yes, it's been over a week now.  And everyday they play with these same toys.  In the same place.  And everyday the structures look different.  Things are added.  Things are taken away.

I.  Love.  Life. 

I love seeing this creativity brought about by blocks, Legos, cars.  I love hearing their explanations of what they've made.  I love listening to their make believe play, their interactions with each other, and their constant whispering to themselves totally lost in thought.

Notice I didn't mention their fighting.  Sigh.

****Please remember we're still moving in.  Don't judge the room decor.  Pictures were taken before the dining room was cleaned out and somewhat decorated.  Hence the reason the pictures are taken from angles to avoid that room.  Some of you keep asking for house pictures.  Sorry.  Don't judge.  Wink.  Wink.****

No comments:

Post a Comment