Monday, February 28, 2011

getting my {craft} on

I'm supposed to be working on this

Instead, I'm working on this.


My craft room. 

And hopefully my man will forgive me.  Yes, I need to work on a home management notebook of sorts, but what creative person wants to do that?  So what if I can't find my utility bill statements, or my tax documents, or my mortgage statement....  Ok, maybe tonight I'll work on it.

I have several framed &canvas pieces of artwork the kids have done just waiting to be hung above this table.  In the meantime, it was all stacked up on the table and nothing could be seen, deciphered, or discovered.  Wish I were thinking more clearly on this dreary Monday and I'd probably come up with a d-word for 'seen' to help with the alliteration of that last sentence.



This room was originally the boys' room.  Hence the green walls.  Then we moved them to the front of the house and gave them red walls for their patriotic room.  Therefore, in this play/craft room I'm stuck with green.  I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to lighten up the color in here.  But considering we just painted every room (including this one) when we moved in, I ain't a-gonna push it.


So now, even though I'm blogging from my former dining room table desk, I've moved everything onto the floor, or tool table, or stool that I bought at an antique store but still haven't even attempted painting.  All with the understanding that tonight we hang pictures.  And then our (read: my) craft room is basically finished.


I've struggled with a concept for this room.  And basically b/c I think I'm hung up on the dark wall color.  But quite honestly, for now I can't even wrap my mind around trying to paint this room.  Ok, that's a total lie.  Yes, I can.  But I ain't a-gonna push it!!!

So for now I'll dream of this


and specifically this


Although, to be quite honest, all that white gets on my nerves.  But it's still purty.

And hopefully now that my sewing machine has been uncovered, maybe I'll finally sew those burp cloths I promised a girl 6 months ago.  I hope she isn't holding her breath.

Hopefully later this week I can show pictures of the finished room!!  Well, the "finished-for-now" room.

By the by, I'm contemplating building a greenhouse.  Anyone ever done it?  Any success?  Any tips?  If it weren't so stinkin' cold outside I would be putzing about in my garden this very minute instead of cooped up in here.  But tomorrow should be warm.  So tomorrow, we garden!!

No comments:

Post a Comment