* I'm listening to The Supremes as I type this.
* Last weekend was our anniversary. Reservations were made for Bordino's, our usual spot. Sickness still ruled this household. And I was miserable with my own sinus infection. Reservations were canceled. We dined at home.
Beautiful table setting, non?
Steak (for my man) and my famous potatoes and onions (Bubba ate triple what my man and I ate). Nothing else. No bread. No dessert. No Parducci Pinot Noir. Nada. Just this.
The clientele at this establishment is lacking in social etiquette.
What you can't tell from that picture is that Rudolph nose actually flashes. And yes, it flashed all through dinner. Not that dinner lasted all that long. The younger two were in the bathtub. And we listened to Doh Doh cry the entire 10 minutes we ate. And to Bruiser as he yelled to us that she was crying. Ya know, in case we didn't know.
* I'm now listening to Stevie Wonder. I heart my ipod playlists.
* I'm eating -- or rather drinking -- one of my chocolate strawberry protein shakes. And a Coke. B/c Coca-Cola just happens to be my caffeine addiction of choice.
* I have a wall I'm going to hang plates on. I envisioned it before we even made an offer on this house. And yet, I still haven't hung one plate. And every few days I get them out, arrange and rearrange, and put them back in my cabinet. I just couldn't get it right. Then I found this Arkansas tin plate at an anitique store. And I love it. So now I've come up with this.
But I'm still just not sure. The antique seller also had Oklahoma and Texas plates. My parents are from those states, so they're pretty important to me. I'm considering going back -- praying she still has them -- and then doing a wall somewhere with my state plates. And that'll put me back at square 1........
* I'm addicted to Angry Birds and Cut the Rope on my phone and ipad. I blame my sons. But really I'm just as into it as they are. I think about it way too much.
* Indigo Girls is my favorite band. I discovered them when I was in junior high?? Maybe late grade school. I had to special order their albums. Nobody carried them. (This was years before our beloved internet.) I've seen them in concert. They've been my tried-and-true for more than 20 years now. Whoa.
* Golden Girls is my favorite TV show. I watch it everyday. Yes, I adore the humor. But I also love the fact that Betty White's character Rose is VERY much my grandmother. She even looks similar to my grandmother, although Betty White is more fair complected.
* I didn't give my man an anniversary card until after our anniversary. With sickness and snow I hadn't been out of the house in over a week. Cards are our thing. His to me are always some type of cartoon character, Snoopy or whatever, with big fonts and silly humor. Mine to him are always dirty. That's just my sense of humor. (If you're brave you can ask him sometime what his favorite card is that I've given him. But be prepared for blushing.)
* I'm a sniffer. Always have been. Always will be. I smell everything. Bruiser is the same way. And I love it.
* I love this short that comes on Nick Jr.
It is a short little cartoon that starts with a bird dropping a seed. The seed turns into a tree. Another bird carries the seed, which turns into another tree. Another seed is taken and dropped, becoming the dot of the i in Nick Jr. Seriously, I'm obsessed with the colors, shapes, sounds. (Even my kids know. Bruiser yells, "Momma! It's your favorite mercial!" He thinks it's a commercial. Love that kid.)
It's kindergarten chic. And I love it. And yes, I actually took those pictures of my television.
* Yesterday I bought a purse to go along with my new rockin' boots. I didn't divulge that tidbit of information yesterday. When I confessed to my man that I'd bought not one, but two Valentine gifts for myself, he didn't bat an eye. (That's cuz I married
* I'm now leaving to go pick up my car from getting detailed. Washed, waxed, and the inside cleaned. If you see me later today you'll probably notice a little spring in my giddy-up.







No comments:
Post a Comment