* First and foremost, my sweet friend Sandi recently found out she has RA, (rheumatoid arthritis). I missed her yesterday at church for our monthly FYI. I was concerned. And with good reason. On Wednesday she got a grim prognosis. Please pray. She is theprecious mother of 9. Her faith amazes me....refreshes me....gives me hope....nourishes me. I'm asking, like I hope my friends would ask if I were in this situation, that you lift her up, her family up, her health up to the Lord. When we unite in prayer amazing things happen. Our God is good. We live in a fallen world, but HE still reigns supreme.
* I'm blogging while looking at this sweet boy....
....who wears his jammies inside out
...and used to look this this.
{sigh}
* Twice -- in less than a week -- two different people, in two different circles of friends, stared at me in shock when I confessed one of my very bizarre fears.
* In this house, we love Lincoln logs, Legos, blocks (oh, how we love our blocks!!), cars, and trains. Basically, all things boy. Although we're not so into Star Wars. But anyway.....
Even Doh Doh hearts these things.
Although she usually plays the role of Destroyer. Or, as we like to call her, Queen Kong.
And occasionally, I have no idea who but someone.....
....likes to put Lincoln logs -- and various other toys -- in the fridge. Ahem.
But again, I have no real idea who that could possibly be.
* Currently, while blogging, you can find on my floor 3 slices of bread and 1/2 bag of Goldfish. See above pictures for the who of this crime as well. (And no, until I finish blogging I have no intentions of cleaning it up.)
* This evening I am getting date-out-of-town-with-my-man-numero-dos. Last week we went to Tulsa for the day. Which reminds me....seems like I have a post scheduled today on that topic...hmmmm. Anyway, this evening we're driving to Fayetteville for a quick furniture look...and DINNER. Alone. ALONE. Sans le petite enfants. C'est magnifique!!! (Wow. Three languages. One bullet point. Yikes.)
* Doh Doh got in trouble moments ago. She ran to Bruiser for comfort. Hi-larious. I got "the look" from him. Or rather, "the grin." Ya know, the "my sister just ran to me -- quite obviously her hero -- to help her out and I loved every minute of it" grin.
* Several times in less than a week I've once again been the victim of stares and giggles...over my food of choice. Twice in one week we've done salads at church for women's events. For my toppings I brought feta cheese, red onions and....wait for it.....balsamic vinegar. Not vinaigrette. Just vinegar. I love to top my salads with that. I GOT STARES. Oh well, who cares. I followed my meal with hot water with lemon. More stares. Apparently not many people drink hot water. With or without lemon.
I did not realize this was odd. Of course, it hasn't changed my drinking habits. One sweet friend even said, "Oh, you're so cute!" (You're cute too, Sandi. ;) By sheer conicidence, a day after the first incident (rhyming not intended), I was listening to the Martha Stewart Show. (Moms will get that one. Listen to TV? Perhaps. Watch TV? Rarely.) Guess what Martha drinks every morning? Hot water w/ lemon. I. Kid. You. Not. Hmm....just realized I'm comparing myself to Martha. Not necessarily a good thing. (Oh, mercy that's funny!! I need a drummer following me around to add "duh-duh-duh-ch! after every joke I make. That would be one very busy drummer. ha.)
* There are days -- ok, many days -- I wish we homeschooled. And waking this precious thing to pick up her brothers is the main reason.
That's some seriously good sleeping.
* Planning a craft night at my house soon. Pretty excited about this. Several at church mentioned the desire to get together to TALK without spelling any words, without being interrupted 12 times in one sentence, without wiping a rear end or nose or pudgy cheek or whatever, without talking over the sound of Angry Birds on the iphone...... Oh, and to craft. Yeah, craft. To work on those projects we never get to work on. Gotta pick a date and figure it all out. I'm excited.
* Ok, friends. I'm off to make lunch for one seriously cute little train track builder. change out loads of laundry, put down one very fussy/very cute little pudgy girl for a nap, get out of my jammies, even do my hair/makeup. Oh, and clean up the bread and goldfish messes. I prob'ly oughtta try to clean house a little. After all, I'm throwing a b-day party for my Dad tomorrow night. But then, it's my Dad. And my family. They'll overlook a dirty house. Right? Right?!?!?!
* Just a peek at what I'm making tomorrow night for our little soiree. Enjoy!














No comments:
Post a Comment