Thursday, April 28, 2011

with a rattle-a-tat

I use that title a lot.  I'm hoping everyone knows the glorious Jack Johnson song where he says, "this 'n that with a rattle a tat."  love.  that.  Hope you do, too.

So little bits of lately.....
Doh Doh loves Cadbury eggs.  But then, who doesn't?
Doh Doh is just now starting to act better with this blasted ear infection.  It's been a long week.  She has literally been attached to me.  Even moreso than her big fat Momma's boy of a brother Bruiser....but pretty darn close.

Even now I can hear her whining in her bed.  Instead of napping.

ineedavacation
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last week's rains washed away all the lettuce I had planted in my garden.  A big sink hole formed and washed it all away under my fence. 

Until I replant, I won't be having any lettuce.
But my neighbor might.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, our only pretty day recently, we walked to Bubba's school to pick him up.  I didn't take my camera so the pictures sprinkled about this post were taken from my phone.  With the Hipstamatic app.  Sometimes I love it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bruiser can't quite get used to the season change.  He keeps wearing jeans and long-sleeve shirts.  Yesterday he probably lost 4 pounds from sweating so much. 

Today he finally wore shorts and a t-shirt.  And it's 58 degrees out.  And wet.  And breezey.  And...cold.

Baby steps.....baby steps.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Planning another craft night.  Kinda afraid that May is too busy a month for people to come. 

Thoughts?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had grandiose ideas of making Doh Doh a play kitchen for her birthday.  That, ahem, hasn't happened.  So now I'm less than 2 weeks away from our her big day and I have......nothing.

Thoughts on birthday presents for a 2-year old little lady?  My mind thinks Hot Wheels and motorcycles.  No?

I'm still considering that second link option.  If possible I might hit the Salvation Army or Roscoe's and see if I can find a cheap nightstand to destroy paint.  Of course, I still have about 5 painting projects here at home that need my attention.  hate to say it, but....rainraingoaway

Have a spare small chest of drawers?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I should post pictures from Easter.  But I don't really have any.  I had a house full of people.  Hungry people.  And I never took pictures.

Truth be told, I'm not even sure my kids hunted eggs.  My mom always does that.  They were so busy chasing cousins and staying in out of the rain that I'm not even sure they did it. 

I should probably feel bad about that, right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ever since I switched to Arial font more spaces between paragraphs are showing up.  Weird.

Not sure what's going on with that.  I got tired of looking at Times New Roman.  Might switch back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My friend and I took our kids to McD for lunch.  We even picked up the older ones from school.  We had a blast.  I haven't done much of that since we moved.  Makes me sad.  Bruiser starts kindergarten this fall so his days of being able to do that are short-lived.  Next year he and Bubba won't even have the same lunch times.

*sniff*  *sniff*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post has taken so long to write that it's now after school.
And I have a house full of boys.

And I love it.

Two are even staying for dinner.  Bruiser has requested mac-a-pony cheese for dinner.  *grin*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My house is a disaster area.  And yet, in my free time today (ha), I've spent all my time on the computer.  Backing up files, updating my phone, downloading pictures....  And I'm still not done. 

And now I have a husband working late, a dishwasher that needs to be emptied, kids who want to eat, a sink full of dirty dishes, 2 beds that went unmade today (shocking, I know), episodes of Biggest Loser begging to be watched while working out.....well, you get the point.
Love this picture above.  She just spotted her Bubba.  What I didn't capture was her jumping up and down and squealing.  I wanted to.  But Bruiser decided he needed undivided attention.  Ya know, for the 4,987 time that day.  *wink*  lovethatkid

No comments:

Post a Comment