Friday, April 8, 2011

junk in my trunk

Yes, I have junk in my trunk.  I came to terms with it years ago.

But today I'm focusing on junkin'!!!!  Not that kind of junk.  *giggle*

I love all our antique malls around town.  Fortunately (for me, not my man) I have a good one not far.  Last week my in-laws had both my little peoples for the morning --a pleasant surprise!!! -- so I ran about town running errands and spending my man's money.

After my errands were complete, and the cute ones weren't home yet, I hit the antique mall.  And came home with a few treasures, and a few more to dream of and try to talk my husband into.  (One is a 1950s white glider!!! for my deck!!!!  I'm still working out the details.  And do NOT go and buy it out from under me.  I will hunt you down.)

Pardon the quality of all the photos.  I'm experimenting with different settings on my camera.


Found this adorable little luggage stand for a steal.  It's pink and the straps are a pinky-red and white.  I originally bought it for the laundry room.

But it just might end up in Doh Doh's room. 

I also found this super adorable white basket.  (I just might have a slight addiction to baskets.)  And this metal clock, which doesn't curently work but might just need a little work.


I found a few other things,

and even came out spending not much at all!!!

And now, if someone will watch Doh Doh for me today, I'm hoping to go back and check out that glider again.  Oh, and the 1960s floor lamp perfect for my family room.  And that framed stained glass.  Ooh, and the creamy colored table that was so super cheap it'd make a perfect art table for the kids.  And that.....ok, stop.  Seriously, I'll stop.

By the by, I think my man and Doh Doh are in cahoots.  She's horrible to take junkin'.  Crying, grabbing, running, whining.....  Do you think it's possible her Daddy could be coaching her?

No comments:

Post a Comment