* I had my washing machine fixed on Monday, which meant I could officially no longer put off all the heaps upon heaps of laundry that had piled up. If I were being honest {again} I just might admit that my washer worked fine before it was fixed. It just made a horrendous noise. If I were being honest.......
* Tuesday was gor-geous. We played outside all day. Which was not necessarily a good thing when -- at 4:30 p.m. and with a backyard full of neighborhood kids -- I realized that I had forgotten to thaw out the beef. Kinda hard to make salisbury steak without beef. Where would I be without the defrost setting on my rarely used microwave?
* Tuesday also meant grocery shopping. Gorgeous weather = shopping bags full of food still sitting in my floor at 6 p.m., when we sat down for dinner.
* I'm happy to report that despite having some bumps along the way (cuz what would my life be without them?) I still served my family salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans.
* If I were being honest {yet again} I might admit that my mashed potatoes tasted a bit like freezer burn. Apparently the stick of butter I grabbed outta my freezer (b/c I was
* Wednesday has been fairly productive. I'm still doing the same laundry that I started on Monday. {Ya know, cuz I'm keepin' it real today and being honest.}
* I've dusted, played outside, changed out loads of laundry, played outside, made breakfast, played outside, made lunch, played outside. Oh, and picked mulch outta the hair of one seriously cute little lady after her brother drove the truck with her in the very back. {ahem}
* It's that time of year again to make a schedule {of sorts, as I am not the schedule-keeping type of gal} to our outside vs inside time. I'm inside all winter, nothing much getting accomplished b/c I'm dreaming of being outside in warm, golden sunshine. Then that gorgeous, warm, golden sunshine returns and I spend all my time outside in it...and nothing gets accomplished -- yet again -- inside.
* It's a vicious cycle.
* Thursday means FYI at church. I won't get to stay the entire time b/c, as we've learned over the last couple of weeks, if Doh Doh ain't happy ain't nobody happy. Therefore I'll have to take her home for her nap, wake her up early to pick up her brother, and then home again. Hopefully next month I can once again start staying the entire time at FYI. I love it so much!
* And Friday, glorious Friday, my new furniture is being delivered!!!! (Why oh why do I not have a video clip of me doing a jig???) Which means that this couch.....
...will finally be returned to the living room where it rightfully belongs. And our new couch will become the haven for all cracker crumbs, fat piggies, finger slurping, spoonin', snugglin', milk spills, cartoon watching, family moments...... *grin*
* And my new ottoman will be put in the living room for my husband to stand around, gawk at, and tell me 9,426,856 times he's just not sure of the blue color I picked out. And after a month or so he'll tell me 10,625,499 times that it does look good after all and SOMEHOW he'll turn that into a compliment for himself. Despite the very vocal objections he gave before, during, AND AFTER ordering.
* Despite the above statement, I love, love, love my man. And we are MFEO. (Made For Each Other....sheesh, watch the movie Sleepless in Seattle.) I am vocal over the fact that we are complete opposites. And yet, despite many objections from friends before we married, I wouldn't change a blasted thing. Ok, maybe a few things...... *grin*
* I just got a spanking with a blue light saber. {I so heart boys.}
* Just to clarify, the spanking was from Bruiser. Not my husband. Although......... *snort*
* My garden is doing very well, as you can tell from the pics. Next week I'll start planting the rest. I've held off b/c of crazy Arkansas weather, but I think we're safe now.
* And now, before I have to pick up Bubba from school and we all spend the entire afternoon/evening outside, I better go fold some laundry. Ya know, make myself useful for awhile. Hopefully the house will still be glistening {from the outstanding job I did dusting} when my man comes home. That way he can see the -- albeit tiny -- productivity of the day. *wink*






No comments:
Post a Comment