And double dipping into strawberry jelly.
I haven't done this since college. But we seem to be out of my food and I chose a trip to Hobby Lobby this morning instead of the grocery store. (shh, don't tell)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm watching Sense & Sensibility. My second time to watch it in 2 days.
It's Spring.
Spring = Jane Austen.
I'd rather be reading than watching, but I have a tendency to get engrossed in my reading material...and forget all my other obligations! *sigh*
Which brings me to my next point.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It has recently been asked, why the delay in the decorating? No doubt some have noticed the bare walls, the excitement over new furniture... I was asked. when moving don't you just transfer everything from one house to the next?
That's probably how normal people do it. Surely you've known me long enough to know -- I don't do normal. (*sigh*...my life might be easier if I did!!!)
So here's the real deal: my last house was very traditional. I didn't start out that way, but as the years progressed....well, that's just what happened. (I'll spare the details of discontentment in my first home, the psychoanalysis of my state of mind, and all the other details where I come out sounding spoiled. *wink*)
The fact of the matter is that I'm going back to what I love. Which means almost starting over. I'm trying not to just 'get the job done,' but have fun with it. And get exactly what I want.
I have a tendnecy to acquiesce.
I have a tendency to "make do" instead of holding out for perfect.
(Side note: How cute is Hugh Grant in this movie??? His character reminds me of my man. Shy, awkward....perhaps that's why I think the character is so cute. But Colonel Brandon truly reminds me of my man. Honorable, quiet,
So I'm taking my time. Searching for the perfect pieces. Sorting, living, painting, restoring.....
I'd rather get it right this go 'round.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And speaking of that, check out my craft room. You may remember me sharing these photos before.
I had planned on painting each canvas the same color. But, well....y'all have met me, right?!?! I kinda dig color.
So each child got their own color.
Here's how they ended up. Cuteness, no?
Can you guess which one is precious, precious Doh Doh's?




No comments:
Post a Comment