Monday, April 18, 2011

a totally random monday

This is random.  All totally and completely random.

Or hodgepodge.  All totally and completely hodgepodgey stuff.

Because that's how my brain is working today.

I'll even throw in a few pics from my phone.  Ya know, just to keep your interest.

(My heart-shaped rock found in my backyard.  I HEART it.  Yes, that's funny.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My day started off with yet another scratchy throat, exhaustion, raspy voice, and kids who wanted breakfast.  Imagine that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After dropping off Bruiser at Mother's Day Out, I vacuumed out my car. 

And found 6,429 Lego pieces. 
And Golfish.  (the cracker kind.  not the aquatic kind.)

I then drove to school to register Bruiser for kindergarten next year.  I thought I would shed tears.


I did not.

Only b/c I couldn't actually register him.  Our dr's office has screwed up his shot record.  And physical form.  When the nurse finally called me back she told me just to come in and do his shots all over again.

I'm sorry, what? 

Oh. Yes. She. Did.

No, that won't be happening.  My kid got 5 shots in 2 legs that day.  It was horrific.  I cried.  He cried.  The head nurse cried.  I almost passed out.  I. Kid. Not.  If they think I'm going through that again, they obviously do not know this Momma.

The nurse is now checking with the doctor.  And she's supposed to call me back.  Anyone here think she will?  Anyone else think I should body slam someone?

Yeah, me too.

So the school day (and first day of registration) is almost over and my kid still isn't registered for kindergarten.  Which means, if school fills up (which is doubtful), he could possibly have to attend in another district.  Anyone else here see that happening?  Not me either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday afternoon Bubba was complaining yet again about his wrist hurting.  Only this time there was a bump.  And painful to touch.

Fortunately my mom was here to watch my littles.  Bubba and I headed to a walk-in clinic.  Late on a Friday afternoon.  *sigh*

Being the odd kid that he is, he was fired up about getting an x-ray.
And the possibility of getting a cast.

His brother has had two.
He has had none.

Turned out to be a ganglion cycst on the joint.

Cyst = no x-ray = no cast

We go to a plastic surgeon next month.  He doesn't look in too much pain in the photo above, does he?  He was too excited about the possibilities.  Should've had his head examined while we were there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday I'm singing a solo.  We don't really do a lot of solos at our church.  Just the praise team.  Anyway, I'm singing Wonderful, Merciful Savior and I can't get the lyrics out of my head!!!  And because of that, I'll share them with you.  My favorite ones, not all.  But they're all SO, SO good.

wonderful, merciful Savior
precious Redeemer and Friend
who would have thought that a Lamb
could rescue the souls of men

You offer hope when our hearts have
hopelessly lost the way
oh, we hopelessly lost the way

here in our weakness You find us
falling before Your throne

That is just snippets of the song.  Guess you'll have to join us Sunday to hear the rest.  *wink*
Or you can hear Selah sing it here.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just had a very large deja vu.


weird.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoy the rest of your Monday.


Tonight I have another date.  Probably with Mr. Darcy again.  Or Colonel Brandon.  Or even Mr. Knightley.  All while I fold and put away laundry.


Yes, I have a problem.  I've been watching too many British period pieces.  For the rest of the week you really need to read my posts in a British accent.  Cuz that's just how my mind is rolling these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment