Apparently, people have picked up on the complete opposites that we are.
*grin*
It's true. And funny.
I was introduced to my man by my sister-in-law and brother. If you know either one of them you know that I was introduced by my sister-in-law.
In other words, someone with a real job.
My man fit that bill. In a big way.
By all appearances we don't go together.
He's a little bit country.
I'm a little bit rock 'n roll.
*big cheesy grin* (I've waited a long time to use that Osmond line.)
** He likes details.
I....well, don't.
** He thinks and plans ahead for tomorrow.
I....well, don't.
** He likes black and white.
Me? Uh, not so much. (I crave color.)
** He asks question, after question, after question.
I figure if you wanna tell me, you'll tell me. 'Nuff said.
** He air guitars to cheesy '80s music.
I tap dance and belt out show tunes. And Indigo Girls.
On our first date...
* he easily and gracefully opened the car door for me (he didn't stumble over himself to do it)
* he was offended when I offered to pay half of our dinner bill
* he nailed our waiter in the crotch as he carried an extremely heavy tray full of plates
I was intrigued.
And the first time I ever saw him barefoot? And do tumbles besides the Mastercraft? On choppy water? Yes, he had me. If you didn't already know, I'm a lake girl. through and through.
It didn't take long to know that I had found the one. Despite objections from friends as I said goodbye to a "career," and moved back to my sleepy hamlet of a hometown.
I knew I had a keeper.
But you know what really sealed the deal?
When Bubba was born. And my man cried over his firstborn. And secretly hoped the blood on his shirt (from helping with delivery) wouldn't come out. He wanted to remember.
I knew I had the cream of the crop.
So what if he knows every lyric to every Journey song ever written.
So what if he crunches numbers faster than most human beings.
So what if he talks to himself and the television.
So what if he has a checklist he follows before ever leaving the house.
He's my man.









No comments:
Post a Comment