Wednesday, April 27, 2011

{freaky} morning people

Two posts.  One day.  Don't get used to it.  If you missed my pasta recipe, scroll down.  Or click here.

I'm forcing myself to become becoming a morning person. The last 2 mornings I've gotten up to hit the treadmill. (ok, that's funny. this morning i truly did want to hit it. why can't i get rid of this blasted allergy-induced sore throat?  anybody else?)



Yesterday I ran, had my quiet time, had all beds made and my hair done by 8 am. Not impressed? Seriously, you should be. ihateyoumorningpeople


How I missed the "morning person" gene is beyond me. All my family members = morning people. Sickos. My brother and SIL are up at 5. They run, drink copious amounts of coffee, and have their quiet times all before their kids get outta bed. Freaks.


Confession: I sing on the treadmill. My husband finds that funny.

I do not.

Even while running you'll hear snippets of songs. He accuses me of not running or walking at a fast enough pace. Ahem. You spend years singing while tap dancing, running around on stage, wearing tight and binding costumes, microphones taped to weird body parts, singing offstage during a quick change...and then we'll talk about simply singing while walking/running.

Kid's stuff.

These days my choice of songs seems to be Viva la Vida (Coldplay...man I love that song), Single Ladies (Beyonce, I know...i know. Put on your big surprise face.), and Gimme Gimme from Thoroughly Modern Millie.


Please oh please watch that clip. (The song starts out slow.  Give it time.)  J'adore Sutton Foster. If you don't get chills watching that there is something wrong with you. Terribly wrong. And I will belt that baby out for you any time you ask. Even if you don't ask.  I'll even do the charleston while singing. Cuz that's just how I roll, folks.

I know my neighbors think we're strange. 
Now they're not hearing show tunes from the garage during Doh Doh's nap. 
They're hearing them at 6 am.

More like 6:20.  Takes me awhile to wake up.

More like 6:45 today.  ihatesorethroats

But my love of show tunes knows no time boundaries.

Need more Sutton Foster love?  Try this but don't watch it.  well, you can....but the set is weird.  Bugs me.  Great musical tho.  I'll belt this song out for ya as well.  Probably without you asking.

I've mentioned before that I have a song running in my head at all times, right?

There are times I miss my past career. 
But I quickly forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment