It wasn't a total surprise, but an old friend showed up today for a visit. We've been friends off and on since I was 14. So yeah, we go way back.
I can't say she's necessarily a good friend. (Fortunately she doesn't read my blog!) Most days I seriously dread any contact with her. When we're together I consume copious amounts of caffeine. And chocolate. And, quite often, lots of fried and/or fatty foods.
And, to make matters worse, she usually hangs around for a few days.
She's moody, temperamental, irritable, and just downright exhausting.
And no one in my family likes her.
(Although Doh Doh does enjoy toting around all her accessories and leaving them about for others to find.)
My man can't stand her. Although there have been a few times in our marriage when he was glad to see her.
This was one of those times.
So he'll deal with her moodiness. And irritability. And overall irrational behavior.
In the meantime, since she has just begun her stay, I'm off to find the bag of Hershey's kisses. And possibly pop some popcorn. I might even pop open a nice bubbly Coca-Cola. Or indulge in a steamy hot mocha. Whatever I choose, you know episodes of Golden Girls will be involved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At first, I was like...are u sure she doesn't read it, cuz this is hurtful. It takes me a while!
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
Unfortunately, I've had the same friend since I was 12 and she stops by every month (without fail)--she's a pain. I really hated it when she stopped by during the time I was breastfeeding...I thought she would give me a break for a while.