My boy finally lost his first baby teeth.
I wish I could say he lost them all on his own. But, sadly, no. A permanent tooth was growing up behind his baby teeth. Which weren't loose. Not even close.
You can see the permanent tooth in the picture above. (You can also see the bloody holes left from his baby teeth. Ooh, yuck. Sorry. Gross.)
p.s. I almost passed out at the dentist's office. I'll try to make myself feel better and say it was b/c I hadn't eaten anything yet and it was well past lunchtime. But those who know me will just giggle (shame on you) and make some joke about my being a wimp (again, for shame). I assure you my man will be taking care of this from now on.
My boy -- as he always is -- was brave, strong, and never complained.
And yeah, they've told us to prep for other teeth (if not all) being pulled. And braces. And expanders.
My man informed me, once we discovered said permanent exposed teeth, that he too had all of his teeth pulled as a child. And braces. Ahem. This would've been helpful to know before we procreated. Wasn't dental health/hygiene on the questionnaire I had him fill out pre-marriage?
Waiting for the tooth fairy. He assured me the next morning -- proudly clutching his $2 -- that he had heard a whirring noise. One can only assume he meant from the whooshing of fairy wings.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today is friday. Is it wrong to be so excited? This was me last night......
...playing with my camera. And waiting for the moment to grab my babies and get into a safe place. We had our closet all ready...pillows, flashlights, all heavy items from above taken down, and all valuables. Except my most treasured items...who slept through it all.
Which explains why today I am
* irritable
* crabby
* sleepy
* cranky
* and have a scratchy throat
Tonight I have a date.
With Mr. Darcy.
Of course, Elizabeth Bennett will be there as well. And I have high hopes that the two of them will chase away the tension of two little boys fighting and tattling; one little girl who won't nap; one little boy who is home from school today b/c he ran fever last night (probably from having teeth pulled...but who knows); another little boy whose mouth hasn't stopped jabbering since 7:15 this morning {my ears hurt}; a little girl who decided it might be fun to put on her brother's underwear.
I used to do this when I was little.
Although my brother's didn't have Lightening McQueen on them.
I also used to pee standing up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm slightly afraid of what the storm did to my garden last night. My dad and I just planted the last of everything yesterday. *sigh*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My
I'm currently taking applications for a new BFF.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is what happens when a little girl eats Greek yogurt. Directly after having a bath.
She has to have her hair washed. In the kitchen sink. And t'weren't happy 'bouts it neither.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our bilingual Madeleine doll keeps making an appearance
in the same place everyday
in Doh Doh's room.
I'm not sure who keeps doing it.
But I think he has a thing for French accents.
Mais oui. C'est evident!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for the real truth of the day: I cried Wednesday night after my oldest baby lost his teeth. I sat in my bed, next to my sympathetic {yet giggling} husband, and cried my eyes out. It hit me that his first 2 teeth to lose were also his first 2 teeth to get. And I kept thinking of this picture.
And I wept. And I'm not ashamed to admit that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now, despite all the happiness contained in this blog post, our home life has crumbled around me while typing.
One is still refusing to nap.
One is playing with Legos, but recovering from a brother-induced injury.
One is crying in bed b/c his tattling, physical abuse, and lying has sentenced him to his room.
I would seriously like someone to send me to my room. ineedanap.













No comments:
Post a Comment