While there I also got my hair did and got to visit with my sweet friend KK and baby Glory. Both are doing GREAT! (Thanks for praying, y'all. Keep it up!!) Glory is absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't believe how big she had gotten since I last saw her! KK looked unbelievable. And her faith amazes me. It was fun to see them and KK's mom, MoMo. We visited, laughed, talked about food, laughed some more, and then talked about food some more.
I love being in the presence of foodies.
Our first night there we went out to eat -- where I ran into a girl I used to nanny. She's now 18. (Ahem.) Afterwards we went to the hotel so the boys could swim. The next day was a bit chaotic. But a fun chaotic. Like most of our days.
We started at Krispy Kreme. Which was right next to our hotel. Location, location, location.
My sweet boy is now at that age...
I don't think I even need to explain.
We headed to the hopsital. Then to the park, to run off some serious Krispy Kreme-induced energy boosts.
How much do you love those pudgy arms?
I was really going for a
This child is so in love with his sister. Yes, he was born to be her big brother.
Can you see those polka dotted leggings? I so heart them. Her outfit looked cuter with her pink cardigan on, but it was a very warm day. I won't make my child suffer for fashion. She'll have to do that enough when she gets older. *wink*
This is probably my favorite picture from the day. I took several like this.
In all honesty, I could do an entire post on the pictures I took of the two of them walking together.
I'll spare you.
My boys are growing up. It has been so evident in the past few days. Bubba just looks older. I snapped a photo of him today and he no longer looks like my baby. This picture....well, I love it.
And this one.
Clueless he was being photographed. Reminds me of the Andy Warhol photos taken of Marilyn Monroe during a break in their photo session. It showed the starlet raw, exposed, unaware.
Yes, I make very broad comparisons most days. Here's praying my children are nothing like Miss Monroe, but you can get my metaphorical speaking, non?
I love this boy. He melts me. He too is getting older. Words he hasn't been able to say correctly are coming out clearer, well pronounced and understood.
It's so funny how our children are so loved by us, and in different ways. I remember before Bruiser was born crying b/c Bubba would never remember being an only child. He wouldn't remember the love we showered him with, the attention, the snuggles, the slumber parties. I was slightly afraid I couldn't love Bruiser as much.
Pregnancy hormones will do that to you.
And then Bruiser was born. And the obvious undying love he has for his Momma shown through.
And we're bonded. For life. I've mentioned he's a big fat Momma's boy, right?
Reminds me of visiting with KK while she held sweet baby Glory. She said she felt she was "born to do this." To take care of that sweet baby. To love her. To protect her. To worry about her. To pray over her.
I hope my children will one day praise the Lord that I was born to be their Momma.
Here's hoping you have a great weekend!!!! And here's hoping you spend the majority of your time outside. In this gorgeous weather. You know that's where I'll be!














No comments:
Post a Comment