Thursday, March 17, 2011

dental hygiene, school lunch & biggest loser

Wednesdays are quickly becoming my favorite days.  Seriously.  This Wednesday was no exception.  We had lunch with Bubba at school.  And an amazing friend -- and former (sniff, sniff) neighbor -- came to visit.  Awesome.

We've had a rough week here at the house of M.  This time change, though my favorite (who doesn't love more light in the evenings??), has been a killer on the kiddos.  And my man.  I haven't had a problem.  No clue what's wrong with everyone else.  I hop right out of bed in the mornings.  Y'all know me, such a morning person.  (Why oh why is there not a sarcasm font????)

Bubba has struggled this week.  No lie.  So to help ease his little 6-year old burden, Bruiser, Doh Doh & I grabbed some Mickey D's and headed to school. 

Before doing that, however, we had to get ready for the day.


Dental hygiene is very important.


Just ask Doh Doh.


Every little lady needs at least 2 toothbrushes to get the job done.


I've had curly hair my entire life.  And I still love to see those curls.  And touch 'em.

I'm just gonna say it.  My kids are cute.  *wink wink*


This was Doh Doh's first time to join us for lunch with Bubba.


She thoroughly enjoyed herself.  (My favorite pic.  Check out Bruiser's eyes.  Have.  Mercy.  I love that kid.)


I'm not sure what she liked more....seeing Bubba, all the big kids, or her very own happy meal.

Life is good.


The closed eyes was intentional.  I doubt I get another serious picture of him until he's probably 26.


Maybe 56 for this one.


I wanted a picture of all of us.  But I never found anyone to assist in my desired photo opp.

Bruiser, however, was happy to assist.


Please tell me in real life I don't look this....odd?  Do I really look like that?  Has it been long that since I've been in front of the camera??

After lunch we hit the playground.  I was hoping to get into a serious game of dodgeball.  Love me some dodgeball.  In the 6th grade I was feared on my elementary campus.  *guffaw* 


We couldn't seem to shake this seriousy annoying precious little red-headed girl.  What's hilarious in these pictures is that Doh Doh couldn't figure out who in the heck she was.  Or why she wouldn't leave her alone.  And let her play with her brothers.

I almost wet myself it was so hilarious.


Doh Doh's looking at her in both pictures.  Like seriously, Go away!!

It was a great day.  No dodgeball, no 1st grader crying with red blistered skin from a red 4-square ball, but still a great day.

And you know I had to.  I just had to.........


And I made the other 2 littles join me.



Somehow that wasn't quite a homerun.


I hope your Wednesday was just as awesome as mine.  I won't lie.  And before you think my life is all roses and petunias, our evening was rough.  ROUGH.  Bubba didn't even make it to AWANAs.  There were tears.  Mostly over the fact that Dad couldn't start on the massive swing set/fort he's about to start building.  Also because it was so gorgeous out no one wanted to go to bed. 

But it was a great day nonetheless.  And Spring Break is only 2 days away.  Yee to the haw.  We're ready.

p.s.  in case you're wondering the tie in of Biggest Loser in my title, I'm watching it as I blog.

p.p.s. how much are you loving this new season?  wasn't sure i'd like the new trainers, but i do!

p.p.s.s. how cute are the new trainers?  seriously??

No comments:

Post a Comment