Monday, March 7, 2011

M'mm M'mm Monday

Over the Christmas holiday I was trying to come up with blog topics.  I decided to share a recipe every Monday and call it M'mm M'mm Mondays.  Please disregard the fact that it is now March.  Please also disregard the fact that we're using the same name for our women's Bible study at church.  Apparently during our last women's ministry meeting all my creativity had vanished.  And blogging was on my mind.

So first up I'm sharing one of my most requested recipes.  I don't have a name for this, so we'll just go with Manly Man Chops.  Sound good?  This is one of the few things I cook in my crock pot.  This is also one of my few recipes with a canned soup product in it.  I know, I know.  Paula Deen would be ashamed. {wink}

This recipe is a MAN's meal.  In fact, so far my brother (not a fan of the chops, of the pork variety that is) is the only one I know not to fall in love with this meal.  The only one who has not come crawling on hands and knees to beg for my recipe.  The only one not to offer up his firstborn son for a second helping.  I kid....or do I?

It's so hard for me to share recipes.  Not because I'm territorial or anything.  It's just that I don't use exact measurements.  That's just how I cook.  If that bothers you, sorry.  First up is an easy one though....so just hang with me.

Manly Man Chops

Boneless thin pork chops (I used 7 this time)
2 cans French-style green beans (with the liquid)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Olive oil
Butter
Pepper


Heat oil in a skillet.  Add some butter.  Because, let's be honest, whoever said "everything's better with butter" was right on.  In the meantime, while enjoying the smell of that butter melting, season one side of chops with pepper.


Add the chops.  Season side down.  Now pepper this side.


All you want to do is sear each side.  We're not cooking it thru.  That's the slow cooker's job.  After seared throw them in the pot.


Now this is important.  So forget that it's Saturday and you're trying to pick up 2 cute little boys from their grandparents' house and surprise them with a trip to the movies.  Forget all that.  Focus on what you're cooking.  Because it would be a shame if you left out a key ingredient.


Like I did.  {sigh}  Nothing ever works out just right when I actually remember to take photos. 

Throw the chops in.  Cover with a can of cream of mushroom soup.  Then add 2 cans -- with the liquid -- of green beans.  Shhh, I don't always use all the liquid of the second can.  But it's your call.

Cook on low until they're done.  I know, right?  Ok, so Saturday they cooked about 6 hours. Just watch them.  It should look like this.


Now this part may sound a little weird.  But hang with me here, b/c it's gonna be good.  Or so I've been told.  Is anyone else picking up on the irony of a vegetarian sharing a PORK CHOP recipe???

Ok, towards the end of the cooking time for the chops, make some mashed potatoes.  I would share my recipe, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to make mashed taters.  Right?  Right?!?!  If you can't, then we probably need to end our friendship.

After mixing up the most decadent mashed taters {loaded with butter, cream and salt}  put a good amount on a plate.  Top with the pork chops, green beans and now gravy-like mixture.

And enjoy. 



And you're welcome.

You might want to follow it up with some milkshakes.

Cookies 'n cream happens to be our favorite.


Momma makes a mean milkshake.

{insert slurping noises}


Or chomping noises.  If you prefer just the ice cream.  And M&Ms.


We love Saturday nights at our house.

Have a great week!!!

1 comment: