Tuesday, March 15, 2011

how does your garden grow?

Oh.  Y'all.  I'm.  So.  Excited.

Can you guess why?


Nooo, it's not b/c overalls are coming back in fashion. And they are. Trust me. Not that I'll be wearing them outside of my backyard.

This is me.  In my circa-1995 overalls.  Is it funny to anyone else that I have exactly 8 pairs of overalls from my glory days, most being held together with hair rubberbands and safety pins, that STILL FIT?  I'm not quite the size I was (ahem) back then....  Does that tell you how big we wore our clothes in the 90s????  WHY?
Like my tape measure?

So why all the giddyness?  My super awesome majorly terrific Dad and I started on my garden this past week. Yee. to the. Haw.


The previous homeowners had an herb garden, total hodgepodge of stuff. 


Anyway, my Dad showed up Thursday afternoon with a truck full of lumber.  I wasn't crazy about the lumber the previous homeowners used, but when a man shows up to help you with a big project with his truck full of supplies it's best to just let minor details like that slide.  I ain't real picky anyways.

We tripled the space.  Again, Yee-to-the-Haw. 

I have no pictures of the process b/c I was literally working with a saw, hammer, nails, drill....ok, you get the idea.  Me + power tools = super happy me-me-me-ahh. 

Why does my backyard look so pathetic and bare in these pictures?  I swear, it looks way better than this.....


I think the chicka before me really REALLY liked these faux-iron-looking fencing thingies.  About as much as she liked using 14" push pins inside the house.  {long, overly dramatic sigh}


Sweet peas and onions...already planted.


{picture me doing a jig} {or don't}


Still to plant:  lettuces, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers (various), cucumbers, herbs, onions, peas...and who knows what else.

And now, because it's absolutely gorgeous outside while typing this, peace out.  Two little fellas, and the chirping birds, are calling my name.


What about you?  Are you gardening?  Planting anything??  Building forts out of scrap lumber and plywood?  Digging up worms to put in mom's garden?  Tearing out landscaping rock to build a path to your fort?  No?

No comments:

Post a Comment