Sunday, March 27, 2011

only a mother's love

Thus marks the end of Spring Break.  And we certainly ended it on a good note.....

Tonight, after my patience had worn thin, I promised to lie down with the boys at bedtime.  Just so they would actually make it to bedtime. 

{school tomorrow = early bed night}
{early bed night = hallelujah! for momma and dad}

I snuggled up with Bruiser first.  After the allotted time was up, I leaned over for sugars.  Surprisingly, he gave me the most tender, sweetest, dryest (can I get an amen??) sugars I've had in a long time. 

He immediately said, "Now this."
And turned to my cheek, giving me the sweetest, most tender, dryest baby kisses (my speak for itty bitty tiny sugars all over).

I was in heaven.  Heaven, I tell you.

This prince of a fellow, all boy yet tender and loving to his Momma and Doh Doh.  He had tested my patience a few times during the day.  I had not shown the best of colors during some of those moments.

So to have this moment of sweetness....I melted.  I probably would've walked out on little tiny clouds of sheer airy delight.

IF that's where the story ended.
IF the sweetness lingered.
IF my boy had let his sweet side prevail.

But alas, it was not meant to be.

After covering my cheek with the sweetest, most delicious baby kisses, he whispered, "Now this."

That tiny, all-muscle butt of his was out of the covers faster than I could move.

And he farted in my face.

Enjoy your evening.  I have clothes to wash.  After wetting my pants from laughing so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment