Ok, it's just too funny. I'm 2 days late in posting for M'mm M'mm Monday. And yet I'm still gonna post it. Well, kinda......
Monday night we actually ate my mom's (aka Sudie's) Potato Cheese Soup. It's dee-rish-us. Bubba and I love it. Unfortunately, we are the only 2 who do. My man tolerates it. The other two detest it. Although I think Doh Doh is coming around.
But I just don't think I'm gonna post it. It's a simple recipe, but after a long tiresome winter, I'm burned out on potato cheese soup. So I just couldn't muster up the willpower to blog about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So today I'll share this recipe, which I found on this -- one of my FAVES -- blog.
Chicken Taquitos from Our Best Bites
Have you heard of this blog/website before? I've read it off and on for awhile. Most of their recipes seem very simplistic....often too simplistic for me. (I don't mean that in a snobbish way. I just mean it's not how I cook or how we eat.)
I heat my tortillas right on my stovetop. I hate. loathe. despise. abominate. a flat cooktop. Who invented this thing??? Ick. I hope to be replacing it soon with a gas range. But even though this is electric, I still heat all our tortillas right on the cooktop. Easy. Peasy. Messy. But I will NOT torture my tortillas in the microwave. For shame.
I left out the chicken in my taquitos. I'm freaky like that. (The rest of the fam got chicken. No worries.)
I sprinkled sea salt on the top. YUM! Bubba thought it was ice. *giggle*
The 411: My kids LOVED this meal. I have to say, i was afraid it was too basic. Too kid-friendly. We don't do a lot of meals like that. They eat what we eat. But we seriously love us some Mex and TexMex in this house. So why not? It was an all around pleaser. Bruiser, the pickiest of the picky eaters ate 3 huge bites. I can't ask for more than that.
My man -- and Bubba -- were not pleased with the small portion. One recipe made about 8 taquitos. (I did half flour tortillas, half corn.) Both those fellas could've chowed down on another 2-3. Each.
So yeah, this was a repeat. I think I'll be using more of their recipes. I also made a TexMex-ish rice dish that I
It was good.
I'm looking for awesome.
If you have a Mex or TexMex rice recipe, share the goods. Just don't share if it's simply tomato sauce and rice. Bleck. Had someone share that one time with me. Yikes. I smiled. Nodded. Played my best Southern Belle routine. You know the drill. *wink*
Hope you enjoy this installment of M'mm M'mm Whatever-the-heck-day-it-is. And try some taquitos. My kids had never had them before, but they certainly will again!




No comments:
Post a Comment