Saturday, March 5, 2011

just 5 things...i promise

1.  Because we've only lived here a few months I'm not really sure what all is going to pop up this Spring in my flower beds.  Considering the past owners, there's no real rhyme or reason to ANYTHING.  But just look what I found the other day peeking up to say hello. 


Well, howdy do, ma'am.  As if I weren't ready for Spring enough already..............

p.s. I may have just found my favorite setting on my camera.  That picture turned out awesome!

2.  I took the boys to the movies today.  Our second movie to see together.  Bruiser spent the 13 minutes of previews asking me if this was the movie already.  Thirty minutes after the movie began he started asking me when it was going to be over.  {sigh}  I did not get a picture of us.  Wish I had.  But I did get a picture of my shoes.  Don't ask me why.......


p.s. For those of you who go to church with me expect to find me in loose fitting clothing.  Theatre popcorn after eating chips and salsa last night = not a good idea for water retaining little ole me-me-me-ahh.

3.  Saturday night.  Party night.  Tent night.



Two of our three are tent sleeping tonight.  (Dreaming of Spring and real camping, no doubt.)  Actually, I should say that 1 of the two is actually asleep.  {insert a picture of me NOT happy}  Bubba is not a fun little camper when he's overly tired.  Spending the night at the grandparents' last night = super tuckered out kiddos for us.  They've been in the tent for 2 hours.  Bruiser's been sacked out for the majority of that time.  Bubba keeps making appearances with different issues. 

p.s. He's 10 minutes away from sleeping in his own bed AND having to take a nap tomorrow.  Yes, I am that kind of mother.  {chuckle}

4.  I'm currently working on several projects in the house.  (I'm about one more project away from wearing pajamas in public, letting my kids wear the same clothes every day for weeks at a time, and reusing dirty dishes.  Just in case you wondered.)  I've been working in the play room and it is almost finished.  Hip.  Hip.  Hooray.  We also ordered family room furniture.  Did I tell you that?  I'm shocked if I didn't.  I'm just slightly excited about it.  Ok, maybe "slightly" is an understatement.  Ok, ok, I may have danced when I placed the order.  Naked.  Don't judge.  (And I placed the order over the phone!  Don't let your mind go there!  Although....) So, anyhooo, now my focus is on that room.  This is now on the mantle.


I think it's cute.  We have a big flat screen in the middle of the mantle.  Kinda hard to add too much around that.  {sigh}  I'm working on the walls in this room now as well.  More on that in a later post.  {giggle}

5.  I leave you now with this.  Because she's just too cute.


And because today, after the movies, we ran to Hobby Lobby.  Bruiser asked me if it was time to go home yet.  "I'm ready to see Doh Doh."  He kept asking me and reminding me, "I'm ready to see she."  After finally getting home, I told the boys to be quiet when we went inside.  Just in case Doh Doh was still asleep.  Bruiser said, "I don't want she to be asweep.  I want to give she a hug."  Lucky for the both of them she was NOT asleep.  And they were reunited.  And it felt so good.

It's hard being away overnight from your sister, the true love of your life.  Well, and Momma, too.

p.s. yes, I could've cropped out her brother's foot, but it's just too precious in his Toy Story jammies.  Riding his bike.  Sharing a Spongebob yogurt with his sister.  And always, always being right next to her.  That's just how we roll, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment