Ok, no not really. But we did load up the fam and drove to Tulsa to go to the Oklahoma Aquarium.
A good time was had by all.
No clue why my
We couldn't decide on a lunch locale. Looking for something new, someone had suggested Ted's (a Mexican cafe) but it got mixed reviews on UrbanSpoon. As we got closer and closer to the Windy City of OK, I posted on Facebook: any suggestions for some great Mex or Tex Mex in Tulsa? I have a lot of FB friends who are Tulsa residents. I sat back and waited for the responses.
People have strong opinions when it comes to their Mexicano food. And we are no exception. We chose a Tex Mex (we are die-hard Mexican fans, but I was craving TexMex for some reason) spot right next to the aquarium. Los Cabos. Not bad for a chain restaurant. Again, I'm looking for hole-in-the-wall, line-wrapped-around-the-building type of spot. If you have recommendations, please message me. ;)
Sorry for the food talk. Moving on to fish pics. And more cute pictures of my kiddos. (Let's face it...that's why you logged on today. For the kid pics. Not necessarily the fish talk.)
The aquarium was pretty fun. I don't have a real "opinion" of it simply b/c it served its purpose for us. Is that weird?
The sting rays (what the fellas are looking at above) were awesome. They would get so close to the edge that it looked like they were going to jump right out! You could feed them, but at $3 -- after the load we had dropped for gas, lunch, and admission -- I was feeling super duper tight. (I'm over budget on food this month. Way over. Sorry, sting rays.)
We wanted a net. And Spongebob. And Patrick. And some serious jelly fishing. Minus the stinging.
Hands down. Best part of the aquarium. The shark area is awesome. It's a tunnel! The sharks swim above and all around as you walk through.
I was seriously praying for no earthquakes or any other type of natural disaster.
Notice my boy's face above. His frown is intentional. He thinks it's funny. And since the minute the flash goes off he perks back up in his usual high spirits, I let it slide.
Now pay attention to this next photo. I asked them to pose by the tank. Then they got impatient as I took forever to take the pic. I told them I was waiting for the shark that was about to swim past them.
I felt the breeze from their heads turning so fast.
Can you see the shark?? The picture is so dark!
I love the picture above. I've realized lately how very few pictures I have of my kids and me. So I'm out to change that.
It was a super great day together as a family. I think watching the sharkies made one little lady tuckered out.















No comments:
Post a Comment