Wednesday, March 9, 2011

{thankful}

Today, I'm thankful.

* For these little curls.


* For these chubby little legs.


* And for OnStar.


I came out of the bathroom asking Bruiser where his sister was.  The garage door was open.  No big deal.  They play in the garage all the time during yucky weather.  Where's Doh Doh? I casually asked, not seeing -- or hearing -- my little mischief maker in the garage.  Oh, she's in the car, he replied all too calmly.  (Insert picture of me running to garage.)  I could hear giggling.  I could see curls bouncing.

And then I tried to open the door.

And then I remembered that since moving we haven't been able to find my spare keys.

And then I look down to see my keys in the cup holder.

And then I look at Bruiser.  Smiling.  Not grasping the brevity of the situation.

And then I remember OnStar.  And I smile.  Kinda.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What I've learned today:  even when the morning oatmeal kicks in, lock the kids in the closet while in the bathroom.  Oh, I'm kidding.  Totally kidding.  Kinda.

The good news here is that, even though missing for 5 months, I was able to locate the spare keys.  Exactly where I put them when we moved in.  And exactly where I've looked 10 times since moving in, but unable to find.  Because the Lord knew.  He just knew I needed that.  Therefore, the operator at OnStar will not get the chuckle he/she probably needs today.

No comments:

Post a Comment