First of all, this is my 200th post. {gasp!!!} I should do a give-away or something! Right? Yeah, I didn't think so either.
Partly why I blog is so I won't forget the little things that happen. The everyday occurences with my kiddos. The milestones. The funny stuff (like farting on Momma in bed). The pictures. (the outfits)
And tonight was one of those moments I want to remember. To cherish. To hold on to.
Bed times are almost always...well, chaotic. With a lot of funny thrown in. Tonight was no exception.
Bubba has AWANAS on Wednesday nights. So the other littles get to stay up late until he gets home. Tonight, after finally getting them into their room and snuggling for the allotted time with each, I began to make my way out of their room...back to the computer to blog.
But then the questions began.
Bubba:
Mom, if your grandmothers were still alive, what would I call them?
Mom, what did you call your granddads?
Bruiser:
Momma, were they three numbers? Is that why they died?
Momma, when I get three numbers, will I die? And will I go to heaven?
It's very important for me to teach my children that death does not equal heaven. Obviously at their young ages I try to sugar-coat some things. But life is not all happiness, unicorns and sunshine. (Side note: I loathe unicorns. Anybody else?) So, on an age-appropriate level, I always reinforce to my children that IF we have Jesus in our hearts we go to heaven.
It also gives a great opportunity to talk to them about our purpose on earth: to spread the Gospel. We were created for His glory, not our own.
My boys have both asked Jesus into their hearts. At such a young age, I wonder about the sincerity of it. But they have, on their own, initiated conversations with us and recognized their desire to please our Lord.
So tonight the topic of heaven became their central focus.
How do we get to heaven? Bruiser asked. Will we walk?
I began explaining about leaving our old bodies behind and getting new ones.
So will our new bodies walk to heaven?
How do you really explain this to a 4-year old? *giggle*
No, we'll get our new bodies after we get there.
Bruiser, (have I mentioned how much I love this boy?) So, will they just hook the new one on us? turning his head and pointing to his back. Like this. Right hee-yuh? Just hook it on back ther-yuh?
*snort*
This is when I love using this answer, God's way is perfect. He has some really cool plan of how we get that body. And the only way we can truly find out is to accept Him.
There were more questions. Many more. But these were the ones that stuck out. I just love having conversations like this.
Reminds me of driving in the car with Bruiser not long ago. He started a conversation with me about having Jesus in his heart. At that moment, driving down I-540, he asked Jesus in his heart.
And his stomach.
It stood to reason that if Jesus was going to be in his heart He might as well be everywhere else. Right?
Future missionary. *grin*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment