Monday, March 29, 2010

Delayed...and Unplugged...and Some Firsts

Sorry for the delay in posting. We were without internet service for a couple of days. I know you were all on pins and needles.

Although I think a couple of family members were. ;o)

Doh Doh had her first.........

HAIRCUT! (Insert trumpet fanfare HERE.)



Ah, yes. Even with double ear infections (yes, AGAIN!) we took her to Little Rock for a snip, snip. (For those who DON'T know -- who in the world doesn't know??? -- I go to LR for haircuts. Yes, feel free to mock me. It's ok.)

You can see in the pics my precious friend W, world's best stylist.



Doh Doh did well. Kept trying to grab the scissors, of course. And kept trying to figure out what in the heck was happening to the back of her head.



The boys were...well, the boys were good. But ready to locomote.



Cute, huh? And more cutting pictures.....



Sure hope my Stylist Extraordinaire doesn't mind her picture being plastered all over my blog. Hmm, probably should've asked for permission. Next time, next time.



On to more Spring Break activities. Bubba and our great neighbor friend Boo (nickname, people, nickname) decided they wanted a river in the backyard. Actually, it started as a racetrack, but the call of the water spicket was just too great for them.



Unfortunately, shortly after breaking ground Boo had to go home.



Which left a lot of digging for one little 5 year old.



And once Daddy mentioned something about the possibilities of blisters, he finished with the shovel...and then worried about the POSSIBILITY of blisters for the rest of the evening/night and the next morning.

Sigh.

(This is where I would insert one of those cute lines people make out of dashes, dots, squiggly lines, and everything else on this keyboard that turns out looking like hearts and flowers and rainbows and all that other kind of girly junk. But I am not one of those kind of people.)

Ok, so it was not only Doh Doh's first Spring Break AND haircut, BUT it proved to be the firsts of some other things.

She had her first
* cracker (she eats solid food, but crackers make me a bit nervous)
* rice
* refried beans

AND, because she's truly our child, she had her first....WAIT FOR IT....DRUM ROLL PLEASE.........



CHEESE DIP.

Tah Dah!!!!!!

I have no picture of this b/c it was in a restaurant after church on Sunday. I had no camera, not even my cell phone.

But let's just say she liked it. A lot.

Hope that makes you smile, Uncle M.

No comments:

Post a Comment